Shinedown plans to get down to work on its third album as soon as 2007 gets underway, barring any more touring opportunities. And just as last year's Us And Them was different from the band's 2003 debut, Leave A Whisper, frontman Brent Smith told us to expect a new sound from Shinedown on its next effort: "The sounds I want to develop will be unlike anything than have been on the last two records. I want to make it the most massive-sounding record that we've done. And the band is going more on a heavier side on this third album. The riffs that have been coming up and the subject matter of the songs, they're way different than the ones on the last two, and it will definitely be a heavier record."

What are you're thought??
The problem is like a million bands have said that, but it doesnt always turn out as they say. Regardless, I think this album will be great and I can't wait!
Yeah, but do you have a pair of Nike Airs?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Oh God, not again....Just right when they remove Save Me from the radio, bham, another album comes out...
LOL
i dunno. I fell in some much love with 'US AND THEM' and its classic roots, it might dissapiont me. But I loved 'LEAVE A WHISPER' so I'm not too worried about.

And duncang, this is ultimate-guitar not ultimate-nikes. go blow your shoes on a nike forum site, poorfavor. and I quote...
Yea, I can"t wait for it. I doubt it will be n e heavier though, plus I like their lighter soft side.
Well...theres no doubting about it...the album will be heavier than their previous albums...it's been said by the band.
Every band is getting "heavier" with the next album. Seriously, if I got paid £1 for every artist that's appeared on the front page of UG with an article claiming that they're "stepping things up" and "getting heavier", I'd be a rich man. It's just crap they throw out there to try and get the attention of the tr00 br00talz metal crowd.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Every band is getting "heavier" with the next album. Seriously, if I got paid £1 for every artist that's appeared on the front page of UG with an article claiming that they're "stepping things up" and "getting heavier", I'd be a rich man. It's just crap they throw out there to try and get the attention of the tr00 br00talz metal crowd.

something can be heavier, but not brutal. im sure it will be alot like leave a whisper, but with heavier riffs (i honestly cant imagine shinedown coming out with a bunch of screaming instead of singing)
yeah, screaming would kind of skrew up the band's vibe (besides there are other bands for that). i'd just like to see more stuff along the lined of fly from the inside and all i ever wanted.
I think I liked Us & Them better than Leave a Whisper, I'd like the new album to be more like the last.
But then again, I'd like to see something a little different all together.
i like how they keep striving to be better... no formula albums here (so i guess we can forget about a leave a whisper part 23...lol)
This band is GREAT.. In my opinion the GREATEST... Heavier will be ok, as long as Brent doesnt try to scream too much.. He is by far the best vocalist out there today.. Those of you that get alot of Shinedown on the radio are BLESSED!
As much as I love Shinedown I do wish bands would stop trying to make music heavier and just try and make it better in general. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to me anyway