Im am looking for new guitar electrick guitar.
No active pickup's
it can cost <$400
What music dyou play?

What amp dyou have?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I have an old ****ty amp... and i am going to buy a new soon.

I have only played for a year, and i am playing a lot different music... mostly rock/metal
Quote by jnejne
I have an old ****ty amp... and i am going to buy a new soon.

I have only played for a year, and i am playing a lot different music... mostly rock/metal

The amp will have to go first.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
If you want a good guitar for metal around 400, then I'd go with the Ibenez RG350EX...or any of the RG series, there a great guitar for the money.

And as for amps, I use a line6 spider3, they work great for metal.
Quote by FRDesign
Get a tube amp.

+1.

And don't make the same mistake as FRDesign.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Cpt.Bones
Get a firebird

I've always wanted one =[

+2

Same here but i doubt i'll get one.

Arent they like 1.2 anyway? He said 400 and under
Quote by rhcp_freak
don't make the same mistake as FRDesign.

Or as me.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
well i have a ibanex rg7321 its a 7 string awesome guitar real unique feeling n my amp is crappy now but soon im gettin a line 6 spider 3 120 watt
gonna b nice
i love the presets on that amp to i wud definatly suggest it
to me my guitar n that amp r a good amp but i dunno ive just been a guitarist for a year n a half
Quote by HLrocker
If you want a good guitar for metal around 400, then I'd go with the Ibenez RG350EX...or any of the RG series, there a great guitar for the money.

the RG350EX looks very good... thx
I agree with HLrocker, get an Ibanez RG350DX or RG350EX, It's a great rock/metal guitar and still versatile enough to play other styles. I actually just bought the Ibanez RG350DX, it is an excellent choice for around 400 dollars.
Quote by cmonaco
I agree with HLrocker, get an Ibanez RG350DX or RG350EX, It's a great rock/metal guitar and still versatile enough to play other styles. I actually just bought the Ibanez RG350DX, it is an excellent choice for around 400 dollars.

is there any difference between the EX and the DX??
Let me set this straight.

GET A NEW FRIGGIN' TUBE AMP.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by jnejne
the RG350EX looks very good... thx

It's got a bad trem. Bad as in, if you use it, you're in risk of it litteraly falling apart in a matter of months.

Look, guitars are prettier and all, but if you want to improve your tone, start with the amp.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I agree, you should start with the amp...and the difference in the EX and the DX, is just the color, i think the dx is white instead of black.
use the $400 and buy a nice amp...or pay someone to steal you a really good amp =]
or just do it yourself =]

400$ amp>400$ guitar
^ £400 = $800
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
well i have a ibanex rg7321 its a 7 string awesome guitar real unique feeling n my amp is crappy now but soon im gettin a line 6 spider 3 120 watt
gonna b nice
i love the presets on that amp to i wud definatly suggest it
to me my guitar n that amp r a good amp but i dunno ive just been a guitarist for a year n a half
Quote by HLrocker

Don't listen to these people, Line 6 Spiders are way overpriced pieces of crap. I know, because I own one. Also, don't get any Ibanez that has an Edge III or Lo-trs. For a better explanation, look here.

I suggest looking at the Crate V series (aka Palomino), and the Roland Cube series (30 or 60). I've also heard some serious gain from the Vox Valvetronix series (not the XL, they're supposed to be higher gain, but they are reported to be very thin sounding).