I've started saving for a new guitar, a sort of ultimate guitar. The Ibanez JS1200, which just has everything I've ever wanted. However, whilst jamming at my mates house using his old but beautiful Marshall amp - I've started to wonder if I should use the £500 I have now to get a new Marshall amp. The Carlsbro GLX50 I have now is alright, but it just doesn't have that lovely clean vibrancy of a Marshall amp. No matter how many pedals I pump through it.

Seeing as I'm in a band and I do have a very nice Strat already. Maybe I should get a Marshall amp before the Ibanez JS1200? What do you guys think?

And if you think I should go with the Marshall amp, what would you reccomend? I need a very clean sound, but I don't want to be limited just to that. Still want to use distortion and stuff at times.

Cheers,
Tomaz
Get yourself an extra £50 and you can afford this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-tsl-601/276

Or you could go used if you're OK with that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Get yourself an extra £50 and you can afford this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-tsl-601/276

Or you could go used if you're OK with that.

NOOOO please don't get that!!!! i've played that a few times and it sounds worse than the mgs!! i'm serious that is the worst amp i've ever played in my life!
what music do you play?

is your total gear list in your sig (sometimes people forget to update)?

you have £500 now- can you get any more relatively painlessly?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Funk, Jazz, Ska, Rock.

Yes.

£500 is stretching it, but I don't have to get it straight away. Once I get a job I could easily push it up by a hundred or so.

you might get away with a laney vc30 for that- it's £300 on gak. the vc15 might be worth a look too, if you don't need so much wattage/headroom. i think it's like £220 or so...

depends how heavy rock you need, but assuming not too heavy, the vc should be grand, and in fact regardless of their meagre price in the UK, probably my pick for vintage-ish british tones under around £500.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?