Does anyone kno how to double clutch? What are some tips, cause everytime i try to do it, i mess up.

Thanks
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
i have no idea how to drive, so id say if in doubt, hold the clutch and think slowly, just dont release it and **** your engine
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Are you talking about the basketball move?
You gotta have a LOT of air and balance to pull it off, just practice.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
its only when you can't go in to gear, you have to double clutch right? because i thought it was, was pressing the clutch in 2 if you can't get it in gear...
PWning N00bs Today!
unless you're driving a semi or a professional race car you shouldn't need to know how to double clutch...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
How to do it:
Put the clutch in
Throw the gear in neutral
Pull the clutch out
Up the RPMs to an appropriate level (depends on how fast you're going)
Put the clutch in
Put it in gear
Go

How to get better? Practice, and have a knowledge on how to replace your clutch or money to have someone put one in if you're very determined. At first YOU WILL GRIND THE GEARS. It will feel terrible, it will be terrible, and if you have an older car with the original clutch, it will burn it out.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by NinjaTrainer
its only when you can't go in to gear, you have to double clutch right? because i thought it was, was pressing the clutch in 2 if you can't get it in gear...

double clutching is a technique used back in cars from the stone age and in some big trucks and such that still use unsynchronized transmissions
on such a transmission you have to match the revs for your speed in the new gear or otherwise the gears are going to do ugly things to each other. afaik, you do this by shifting into neutral, matching the revs for the new gear, then switching into the gear
its been pretty redundant ever since cars have been using synchronized transmissions (I guess you could do it to save on gearbox wear?...but it'd add to the clutch wear)
Quote by seljer
double clutching is a technique used back in cars from the stone age and in some big trucks and such that still use unsynchronized transmissions
on such a transmission you have to match the revs for your speed in the new gear or otherwise the gears are going to do ugly things to each other. afaik, you do this by shifting into neutral, matching the revs for the new gear, then switching into the gear
its been pretty redundant ever since cars have been using synchronized transmissions (I guess you could do it to save on gearbox wear?...but it'd add to the clutch wear)

This guy knows the stuff.

yeah your syncros are cones that match the transmisson speed to the engine speed before full engagment of a gear is made. Nearly every car has it alot better now.

Double De Clutching is somthing you'd use if your famillar of what road speed your car will do at what revs, and can make gear changing for corners etc alot smother and quicker.

At step on from this is heel toe technique which is changing gear and breaking at the same time.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Driving sounds difficult :\
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by nick dixon
Double De Clutching is somthing you'd use if your famillar of what road speed your car will do at what revs, and can make gear changing for corners etc alot smother and quicker.

you mean heal-toe shifting?

You could try window shifting, its basically the same thing......except you dont use the clutch......at all. Pull the shifter out of the gear you are in into nuetral, wait till the RPM's drop to where you want to engage the next gear at, engage the next gear. this is kinda bad on your syncro's tho
Not the way I play guitar hero. I 5 stared free bird on the first try! Ima be a rock star..... as soon as my parents buy me a guitar.