Poll: which guitar should i get?
Poll Options
View poll results: which guitar should i get?
Scheter c-1
23 28%
jackson
18 22%
schecter damien 6
3 4%
les paul (really like les pauls)
32 40%
scheter damien fr
5 6%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 2
Ive been deciding for about 2-3 weeks now about my next humbucker guitar since i sold my last once and ive got it narrowed down to 5 guitars, i like playing hard rock like 80s stuff and i love whammys which all of them have.
I have all the guitars on a link and

the link is here

Thanks
go for a gibson standard. stay away from the studios and epiphones. my friend was in this dilemma for a while too and there is a big difference between the studios and standards. and not just the price

\m/
Quote by alp_1989
go for a gibson standard. stay away from the studios and epiphones. my friend was in this dilemma for a while too and there is a big difference between the studios and standards. and not just the price

\m/

id like to but i like a tremolo too much....without a whammy...i couldnt live
im going to bump this up for the night so i can get more answers tomorrow..im going to bed good night
Get yourself down to GC and try out one of these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964
I played one for about two hours today, using amps from a Mesa F-50 to a Peavey Classic 30, and it sounded amazing through all of them. The neck is a Wizard II, so of course it's fast, but it's comfortable as well, more so than the Prestige necks.
The pickups were surprisingly versatile, doing everything from soft blues to Metallica with ease, even though the sustain is a little lacking.
The ZR trem is all it's cracked up to be, and has no knife edges to wear out.
The only downside it that it's $100 dollars more than your other options, but it's absolutely worth it.
I was gonna say the Les Pauls but since you like whammy's. oh well. I never thought I'd like them that well until I tried one out. Les Pauls are like limp dicks, they're hard to beat.
the les paul has a whammy on it which is why i like it....for the ibanez i dunno i think im going to keep it between what i have.
The les paul ive heard good and bad things from so i dunno
*Pukes* I wouldn't want those guitars if somebody gave them to me.

Scheters aren't a good brand. All you get is metal heads playing them, but if you try to play them clean... You'll see how low the quality is.

Those whammy bars aren't good, they won't stay in tune. They'll prevent your guitar from even getting in tune.

Save up your money, get a BC rich for 700$ with an OFR (they stay in tune) and they're much better quality. Other wise just drop the whammy bar idea.
dude please a bc rich...you wanna talk about metal heads just playing something thats it...every time i play a bc rich i hate them and everything about them. Not to mention if i have a problem with the pick ups i will replace them no prob...anyways all those guitars can play clean you just gotta know your settings =]

and ill never drop the whammy idea i love em
Quote by Ryan0811
the les paul has a whammy on it which is why i like it....for the ibanez i dunno i think im going to keep it between what i have.
The les paul ive heard good and bad things from so i dunno

Well, you might get someone in here who's like, "OMG an LP with a Floyd sacrilege!!!!!!"
I won't be like that, but I will say that one of the main reasons people like LPs so much is because of their awesome sustain, and that all but disappears if you put a Floyd on it. If it was a Gibson with an OFR, it would be alright, but it's an Epi with an LFR. I don't think it's worth it.

The Ibanez I linked has a mahogany body, like an LP, and the ZR trem is arguably the best out there. Every single one of the guitars you listed pales in comparison with the S520EX.
It's your call, you can buy a guitar now and end up with a guitar that you'll want to change the trem on, or spend $100 more and have a guitar that you'll be set for life with.
hmmm ill go check out the ibanez then they have the exact same one at my local music store..ill go play it and c how i like it =p

edit:That ibanez looks cool but i dont like only having a volume and a tone knob i like to mess around with those but other than that it looks better than the other guitars...

just seems like every single one has its ups and down and none are perfect
Last edited by Ryan0811 at Sep 5, 2007,
The Ibanez blows all the other guitars out of the water. But I would try out a 470DXQM instead. It has a quilted top and a middle pup.
Quote by Tu Madre lolz!
The Ibanez blows all the other guitars out of the water. But I would try out a 470DXQM instead. It has a quilted top and a middle pup.

can i get a link for that guitar?

edit: nvm i found it
hmmm i guess but id hope for it to be a sound and not a video cause usually those sounds arent great because recorders just dont do the greatest job but hey always a good idea to hear it =]
well ill probaly test it in muscians workshop but then find out if a better offer exists somewhere else...i also want to go to music city and cc there stuff....
Quote by nan0
*Pukes* I wouldn't want those guitars if somebody gave them to me.

Scheters aren't a good brand. All you get is metal heads playing them, but if you try to play them clean... You'll see how low the quality is.

Those whammy bars aren't good, they won't stay in tune. They'll prevent your guitar from even getting in tune.

Save up your money, get a BC rich for 700$ with an OFR (they stay in tune) and they're much better quality. Other wise just drop the whammy bar idea.

Schecters are much higher quality instruments than BC Richs, anyone that knows anything about guitars with tell you that.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Last edited by omarrodrigez at Sep 5, 2007,
hey mate....i would get the les paul...but if u don't want that ryan then go for the scheter c1 its the best bang for the buck
Quote by Ryan0811
^^ +1

the guy above jake with the first post on this page

haha scarily enough, my name is Jake.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by jakerickman9208
hey wait ryan are you going to the concert saturday at five....?

yes i am
Quote by Dudage
I'd go for the Jackson no question.

Yes there is a question. What are your reasons for saying Jackson?
I'll admit, the Jackson necks are really nice, it's an alder body, so it's light, and it has 24 frets, another bonus.
On the other hand, the pickups are Duncan designed, they're not real SDs, so they're not the best. But the biggest nail in the coffin is the trem. LFRs are notoriously cheap, usually made of inferior metals, so the knife edges wear out. In contrast, many people still have their guitars with OFRs and Edges from the '80s, and still work fine.

The only downsides I can think of with the Ibanez is that it only has 22 frets, and the pickups, but you'll want to change the pickups on pretty much any guitar that you get, unless it comes stock with DiMarzios or something.
It's best feature of course is the trem. It has no knife edges to wear out, but uses ball bearings instead. I figured this was the best choice, since you put so much emphasis on needing a trem.

Really, if the Jackson or the Schecter had better trems, I would say the rest was personal preference, but the Ibanez really is several steps above those other guitars.
i would say jackson because i like jacksons. they feel good to me. they might not to you so go get the one you like.

for the life of me, i cant see why people would ask such a broad question. its all a matter of what you, personally, find to be comfortable and easy to play.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
im asking this question because its not so personnel and its always good to look around and ask before you buy because it helps you get what you really want.
anyways...
im still trying to keep this poll alive until i go play the ibanez at my local music shop
Quote by omarrodrigez
Schecters are much higher quality instruments than BC Richs, anyone that knows anything about guitars with tell you that.

Anyone who knows anything about guitars will tell you that higher end B.C. Rich models will meet or even exceed the quality of a Schecter.

What C1 model are you referring to in your poll, threadstarter? There are only 2 models with the C1 designation, that I know of, which sport a tremelo.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Anyone who knows anything about guitars will tell you that higher end B.C. Rich models will meet or even exceed the quality of a Schecter.

What C1 model are you referring to in your poll, threadstarter? There are only 2 models with the C1 designation, that I know of, which sport a tremelo.

i left a link on the original post that was a comparison of all the guitars side by side
Quote by Ryan0811
i left a link on the original post that was a comparison of all the guitars side by side

Good Form
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I must say I'm not too surprised that the Schecter C1 is keeping up with the Les Paul in the poll. The one I played was very nice. I think the LP has the edge in the pickups and probably the thickness of the top, but I wouldn't be ashamed of the Schecter at all. The upper fret access was superior to the LP and the Duncan Des. pickups sounded pretty good to me. Workmanship was solid and beautiful.
well so far les paul is winning but i really wanna play it before i buy it so not letting this die quite yet,,,..id like mroe votes
ya if i get that les paul it will be after i test play it and i played that ibanez yesterday and to tell ya the truth i didnt exactly like it like crazy but im going to go to music city and try out a few new things =p....but im beginning to push away from the les paul
Page 1 of 2