Extensive solos Tend to be against the punk ethos, but does anyone know of any very fast paced (like 200bpm ish) modern punk style songs that have good guitar solos?
Im after some inspiration.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
^ Yeah, it's just a shame that wolfmother have nothing to do with punk. reported.

Anyways, to the threadstarter, like I replied in r&r, be sure to check out "pull my strings" by the dead kennedys, and "mystery girls" by the Dolls (live versions should hit 200bpm).

Also check out Johnny Thunders' band the heartbreakers, slaughter and the dogs (they typically use pre-verse mini solos as opposed to the more traditional bridge based variety)

Umm... the gorillas (technically a pub rock band, but if you can find any material, their frontman was a cross between hendrix and noddy holder, if not, I'll dig around to check if I still have any mp3s)

I'll have a think.
not exactly punk but the Descendents - Merican is kinda fast and its solo is not hard but is also pretty fast. Also tocatta in Dm by the Toy dolls( also not punk but the band is anyway its fast)
Quote by jakethemetsfan
idk how punk it is but "Taste the Poison" by Story of the Year has a good solo

Swing and a miss.

Uhh, Roll On by The Living End has a pretty sweet solo in it, one of my favourites, and its pretty fast, if that's what you're looking for. And once again, Johnny Thunders, just about anything he was associated with has a bunch of quick little mini-solos, along with a bunch of regular ones.
Quote by JohnnyGoSka
Swing and a miss.

Uhh, Roll On by The Living End has a pretty sweet solo in it, one of my favourites
Hells yeah. \m/

Also, the Living End's cover of Tainted Love has some awesome soloing along the lines of Jimmy Page (weird combo, eh?).

The guitarist of Suicidal Tendencies put solos everywhere, including the background of the verses (behind the vocals).
Quote by BrianApocalypse
^ Yeah, it's just a shame that wolfmother have nothing to do with punk. reported.

I laughed.

Quote by BrianApocalypse

Anyways, to the threadstarter, like I replied in r&r, be sure to check out "pull my strings" by the dead kennedys, and "mystery girls" by the Dolls (live versions should hit 200bpm).

Also check out Johnny Thunders' band the heartbreakers, slaughter and the dogs (they typically use pre-verse mini solos as opposed to the more traditional bridge based variety)

Umm... the gorillas (technically a pub rock band, but if you can find any material, their frontman was a cross between hendrix and noddy holder, if not, I'll dig around to check if I still have any mp3s)

I'll have a think.

Cheers, ill look into all of those, listening to a cover of the DKs on youtube that sounds like the kind of thing im after. And sorry for the double post, jst both seemed suitable forums.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
Hollywoodmia by LoveHateHero is pretty good but Dragonforce (not relly punk) is the fastest ive ever heard
I don't know of any relatively FAST Social Distortion songs, but Mike Ness plays solos a hell of a lot.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
^Thats one of my favorites
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Not modern, but The Damned have some sweet guitar playing. And though not strictly punk, The Stray Cats are awesome.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
It is not against punk ethos to play guitar solos. It's against Johnny Ramone's ethos to play guitar solos.
And we all know that Johnny Ramone is the godfather of no dynamic range, not the godfather of punk.

Welcome back Brian.
johnny was a really bad person, as i've ofund out, thats why i've always liked Joey better.

OCD peopel are friggin cool.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I hate Joey R.

As we all know, my man is Dee Dee.
Whhaahhaaaat???? You hate Joey? Seriously? I think I might cry
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown