So at volumes past 4 the clean channel on my Blues Jr. cracks and gets fuzzy. Can I fix this with a new speaker (suggestions if so) or do I need a higher power amp.

Thanks
could be the knob man! iv had problems with volume and tone pots before (on the amp) could be a case of those, If you have a buddy with a spare 10" cone (i think thats whats in the blues jr.) give it a whirl but otherwise check the pots on the amp, iv seen a few wear out before the cones.

Also, check the cone for visible wear (rips, etc. the obvious stuff) could be really obvious when you take it out

all the best
Grammar Nazi.
Quote by Alex S.
So at volumes past 4 the clean channel on my Blues Jr. cracks and gets fuzzy. Can I fix this with a new speaker (suggestions if so) or do I need a higher power amp.

Thanks

Thats the only unworthy part with Blues Jrs. Not a very well made speaker. I have a blues jr, but with a swapped speaker. it doesn't crack/fuzz anymore at high volume.

my recommendation is a 12F150 from TedWeber.com he makes very nice hand made speakers. I would e-mail him about a replacement speaker for a blues jr. thats what i did, and i got my answer, which was 12f150. i asked him couple more questions, he answered all of them kindly. excellent customer support.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
cant be the knobs. I just had the amp fixed less than two months ago because of some knobs cutting out

^^ Thanks a bunch man
i fixed mine. swapped to a weber speaker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yes. yes i did.

and he answered my questions in less than a day.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011