I've been looking around for something along these standards:

Neck Through Body construction
Original Floyd Rose
Bevels
Alder/ Or Basswood Body (Something with balanced tones)
Maple neck

Plus all of the extras that make it even better!

Made in USA
Snake Skin paint
Explorer Shape!
Flat and wide neck
24 frets!

I've seen the Jackson kelly before, but because of the name I didn't click and look at the guitars good, now I realised it had what I wanted.

Body Alder with Flame Maple Top on Transparent Colors
Neck Neck-Thru-Body Quartersawn Maple
Neck Dimensions 3rd Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .835”
Tuning Machines Die-Cast Tuners
Fingerboard Ebony
No. of Frets 24 Jumbo Frets
Bridge Pickup Seymour Duncan® JB™ TB4 Humbucking Pickup
Middle Pickup N/A
Neck Pickup Seymour Duncan® Jazz™ SH2N Humbucking Pickup
Controls Master Volume,
Master Tone
Bridge Floyd Rose® Original™ Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
Position 3. Neck Pickup
Hardware Black (Chrome on Transparent Colors)
Strings NPS, XL, (.009 to .042)
Case Includes Deluxe Molded Case
Pickguard None
Scale Length 25.5”
Width at Nut 1-11/16”
Notice Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
Unique Features Compound (12” to 16&rdquo Fingerboard Radius,
Mother of Pearl Shark Fin Position Inlays,
Bound Fingerboard and Headstock,
Matching Painted Headstock on Transparent Finishes,
Off-set “Kelly” Body Shape,
Inlaid Mother of Pearl Jackson Logo,
CTS® Pots and Switchcraft® Switches

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2803030887

This is the paint I'm going to get, not body shape

I wouldn't spend 2000$ on it, but since it's 99.9% of what I want I guess I am

Unless you guys can find something better, I won't be getting this until 6 months from now! time to save, but again, if you guys can find something better for less I might change my mind.

Is this guitar worth getting, actually?
As long as the playability for you is good then if you're spending that much it should be perfect.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I never tried them, that's the only down side.

I've been looking for a fast neck guitar, the only thing it doesn't have is the coil tap... other than that it's fine.

anybody have pics of theirs? Or anything?
Quote by nan0
I never tried them, that's the only down side.

I've been looking for a fast neck guitar, the only thing it doesn't have is the coil tap... other than that it's fine.

anybody have pics of theirs? Or anything?

You're considering dropping that much money and you haven't tried it? What the hell? I wouldn't spend $40 on a guitar without trying it because playability is so subjective, go and try it now, even if you're not going to buy if for a while; if you're gonna save that much money you're gonna want to be sure you're doing it for something that fits your needs exactly.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you know you could have a guitar custom made to have exactly what you want for that kind of money?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
none of the stores within 120 Miles owns that guitar.

I've been to my guitar center, with is a 120 minute ride, which is the closest guitar shop near to me. drome sound is a small shop... and I've been to another store which is 3 hours away.

none of them have it.

I'll have to ask about it and then they'll order it.... Then I can try it

Plus, I can always return it.
find a guitar you like the feel of then start getting quotes for a custom built guitar with all the specs you want. you can't really go wrong there
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
you know you could have a guitar custom made to have exactly what you want for that kind of money?

Yeah, but it's pretty much exactly what I want.

Snake skin
OFR
Explorer with Bevels

I've been searching for a guitar like that.

I have been looking for custom places to make a guitar like that but I can't find them.

That's why I said "if you can find better guitars tell me" Otherwise I'm getting this one.

I'm not going to waste 600 on a KE3 that's junk.
type "usa custom guitars" into google and there are an absolute brick load of sites
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
find a guitar you like the feel of then start getting quotes for a custom built guitar with all the specs you want. you can't really go wrong there

Yeah you can. Custom built guitars aren't necessarily any better than a good
name brand. All depends on the guitars your talking about and who's doing the
building.

It's all relative. I don't think $2000 is all that expensive -- maybe on the upper
side of midpriced. I've bought more expensive ones, without playing them first
and I have been totally happy. In fact, the only guitar I've bought which I ended
up not liking very much is one I tried first -- Parker Mojo Fly. Trying it in a store will
give you a quick yay or nay, beyond that its harder to tell what might grow on you
or not. Always better to give it a go first though, if you can....
Quote by nan0
I have been looking for custom places to make a guitar like that but I can't find them.

Seriously, look harder, I live in England and I can find several luthiers withing about 2 hours of my house; you've also said yourself that the guitar you've posted is missing at least one thing you want (coil taps); if you try just a little harder you can find a good luthier and have exactly what you want down to the last tiny little detail.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Did you ask for the specific snakeskin kelly? just kelly? or what?

Ask for just a Kelly, then ask for a Soloist... if you dig the soloist, you'll dig the Kelly..

Stuff like coil-taps can be easily added.. you shouldn't really be lookin' for a guitar with those little things when you could find another guitar that could be perfect after a bit of mods.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I've played the snakeskin one you got a pic of there, the soloist, when I was working in Soho Soundhouse. It's a really well craftred instrument, but the neck is painted, so not as fast as some, bear that in mind. Not something that you couldn't get used to tho...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Yeah I know, I have a Epiphone Explorer which I love, anything better than that I'll really love.

I plan on trying it before I buy it, being paind 7.15$ an hour isn't all that great. It'll take 6 months to make enough money to get it, and I changing the pick ups sooner or later too...

I can't trust custom shops though, You're never able to try them out first.

I've looked at the carvin guitars and I don't like any of the shapes at all. How much does it cost to get Gibson to make a Custom guitar?

EDIT:

Yeah the back of the neck is painted, I was thinking about sanding it all down but it looks nice so I might not...
Quote by nan0
Yeah I know, I have a Epiphone Explorer which I love, anything better than that I'll really love.

I plan on trying it before I buy it, being paind 7.15$ an hour isn't all that great. It'll take 6 months to make enough money to get it, and I changing the pick ups sooner or later too...

I can't trust custom shops though, You're never able to try them out first.

I've looked at the carvin guitars and I don't like any of the shapes at all. How much does it cost to get Gibson to make a Custom guitar?

EDIT:

Yeah the back of the neck is painted, I was thinking about sanding it all down but it looks nice so I might not...

You just keep highlighting things that say to me you shouldn't be dropping $2000 on this guitar, you can find something more suited to what you want, you just need to look; the big brands aren't the only guitar companies, and I'm sure a Luthier would be happy to give you a sample of the necks that they make you just need to find one and ask.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
The closest shop, where I live sucks.

The guy isn't even serious about guitars. He can't even play. All he can do is change pick ups and add new tuners. That's all he ever does. I can do that...

My mind is open to other solutions before I get this guitar.

I'll try to find it used, but I found a new Black Version for 1500...
Quote by nan0
Explorer with Bevels

Looks like a nice find but for that price, especially if you're in the states, you should be able to find someone to do the same thing PLUS you can add coil taps and probably get it done for less.

Anyways, wanted to ask what bevels are. Sorry but I've never heard of them..

Hoped that helped
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
Damn I want a KE2 Kelly as well, my favourite guitarist plays with it and I love the shape!
Um, bevels are like edges and angles added to a guitar.

The Gibson Explorer isn't beveled, the Kelly is.

Sometimes it gives the guitar a sharp look.

Anyway, to get the Snake skin Kelly, it'll cost 3,000. Forget that.

If I do get it, It'll be metallic Black for 1500... It still has the same insides, just the paint job is different. It sucks because I already have a Black epi Explorer damn it.

Unless I find another guitar that I like more... This one is really nice.

How are Ebony Fret boards? Do they put finishes on them or no?

How much does warmoth charge for custom guitars?
Last edited by nan0 at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by nan0
How much does warmoth charge for custom guitars?

Wormoth sells parts, not whole guitars; however they do sell all the parts you'll need.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by edg
Y In fact, the only guitar I've bought which I ended
up not liking very much is one I tried first -- Parker Mojo Fly. .

Why didnt you like it. I have heard great things about it and was considering it?