Page 1 of 2
Tody I finished reading "Holocaust". Amazing book. It brought tears to my eyes.

So what books made you cry or at least brought a tear to your eyes?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by thewho65
No, but "Flowers for Algernon" really scared/disturbed me.

What it is about?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Yeah,a fw, when you get really involved with a character, or you can realte to it. I'm just a total girl like that.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
I have done yes.

But you know I am female and all that
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
i cried when wilbur died in charlottes web

but i was 7
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I have done yes.

But you know I am female and all that

Oh... Then your vote doesnt count...

Joking...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i cried a little at 'never let me go'.

'the unbearable lightness of being' got to me a little too.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
i cried when i read "bridge to terabithia" in 6th grade, cried when i watched the movie in 11th grade..
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
Quote by urik
What it is about?

Something about a retarded guy and a mouse
Edit:

Flowers for algernon (roughly) is about a retarded man, who by the miracle of science starts getting very smart by taking these drugs. (He's a labrat so to speak) and algernon is the actual rat that the drug was first tested on) Anyways, he gets to the point of geniousness, but then starts getting retarded again. Its sad when you think about how it would feel to lose more and more knowledge each day.

I was close...
Last edited by Neil_ at Sep 4, 2007,
I say "Of Mice and Men" was an emotional book that brought me tearyeyed. Also "Where the Red Fern Grows".
Quote by urik
Tody I finished reading "Holocaust". Amazing book. It brought tears to my eyes.

So what books made you cry or at least brought a tear to your eyes?

Was the book called "Night" by Elie Wisel
I cried after reading Romulus My Father... It was awful!
But honestly no I haven't cried as of yet.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Quote by Minkaro
I thought Charlotte was the one who died.

my bad

you are correct
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by thewho65
No, but "Flowers for Algernon" really scared/disturbed me.

Oh man, I hadn't thought about that book for years, I read it three years ago in English, I remember being pretty sad at it. I need to go pick it up again at some point. Thanks for reminding me about it.

For actually crying, I'll admit in Harry Potter. When he was walking through the forest with Lupin, Sirius and his parents I got all choked up >.<
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by fly fly fly
I say "Of Mice and Men" was an emotional book that brought me tearyeyed. Also "Where the Red Fern Grows".

yeah Of Mice and Men was a sad book, but a very good one indeed!
Blues are easy to play but hard to feel.

-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by urik
What it is about?

Flowers for algernon (roughly) is about a retarded man, who by the miracle of science starts getting very smart by taking these drugs. (He's a labrat so to speak) and algernon is the actual rat that the drug was first tested on) Anyways, he gets to the point of geniousness, but then starts getting retarded again. Its sad when you think about how it would feel to lose more and more knowledge each day.
Bridge to Terabithia in the 4th grade
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i cried a little at 'never let me go'.

'the unbearable lightness of being' got to me a little too.

OH MY GOD I CRIED TOO!! When Ruth died it was so horrible and heartbreaking!

And when Gatsby died at the end of his book that was horrbile to read as well/
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

Oh. Sounds sad... There is a movie with Robert De Niro and Robin Williams with a similar topic.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
What it is about?

It's an old book (I think from the late 50's or early 60's). It's written in a very unusual way (like a journal or progress reports). It follows a mentally ill man named Charlie who through a miraculous surgery attains over-average IQ, only to have the effects wear off later. The Prgress Reports become very sad towards the end
Quote by urik
Oh. Sounds sad... There is a movie with Robert De Niro and Robin Williams with a similar topic.

There was a movie based on the book called 'Charly' but I don't know who was in it.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by urik
What it is about?

I recommend it.

A man named Charlie has an extremely low IQ. He isn't exactly "retarded" in a sense that he has a condition or anything, just a low IQ. A science lab creates a cure for low IQs. It's intended to bring him up to par, but it goes way past. He eventually is so smart he can barely function. As the book progresses, his IQ drops again, but this time he's smart enough to see it happening. Algernon is the parallel being, who goes through the same transformation. It essentially says that you should be happy with who you are, because Charlie wasn't happy with himself when he was smart.

There's a short story version too, you can read that to get an idea of what it's about.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by urik
What it is about?

Flowers for Algernon is a pretty famous short story (later turned into a novel) about a mentally retarded man that undergoes an experimental medical procedure that makes him learn at an extreme rate, and then it starts to deteriorate. It's required reading in a lot of schools in America because it's just really well-written.

Edit - I'm always too slow.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
That's something like four or five explanations for it now

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
There was a movie based on the book called 'Charly' but I don't know who was in it.

Nope it is not that one. I just checked in IMDB and Im talking about this
http://imdb.com/title/tt0099077/
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The ending of Soldier X probably, though it didn't make me cry, was rather tear jerking.

Probably the ending to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but i'm in the middle of it.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I'll admit, when Dobby died, and when Percy was accepted back into the Weasly family in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows got me pretty choked up. Also, in school we had to read the Diary of Anne Frank, but it was like a movie script version. The ending of that was Mr. Frank reading a page in Anne's diary that said "despite of all that has happened, I believe people are basically good", then Mr. Frank says "she puts me to shame". That still gets me to this day. And Flowers for Algernon is positively depressing, but in a great sort of way.
A Dutch book by a writer named Kluun, it's called 'Komt een vrouw bij de dokter'. It's written out of the personal experiences of the writer. The Book is about a woman who is diagnosed with breastcancer, and eventually dies, and about her husband (the I person), who struggles to deal with it. While at some points along the process of the book I got some tears in my eyes, the deathbed of the woman really made me cry my eyeballs out.
GAWDT Jack! I still didnt read that book (waiting for it to come out in spanish)!. So write spoiler!

As soon as I read the 1st line I stopped. But some unlucky guys might read something important.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
GAWDT Jack! I still didnt read that book (waiting for it to come out in spanish)!. So write spoiler!

As soon as I read the 1st line I stopped. But some unlucky guys might read something important.

Ouch, gutted.

Got to accept that usually there's a grace period of a month or two, then you're free to say whatever you like about a book or movie though.

-Matthew Arnold

I cried when dumbledore died, i cried when snape died

I cried in The Amber Spyglass when they had to separate

I cried in To Kill A Mockingbird because it is the most moving book ever.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by urik

You read the entire spoiler, then.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by JMack
I recommend it.

A man named Charlie has an extremely low IQ. He isn't exactly "retarded" in a sense that he has a condition or anything, just a low IQ. A science lab creates a cure for low IQs. It's intended to bring him up to par, but it goes way past. He eventually is so smart he can barely function. As the book progresses, his IQ drops again, but this time he's smart enough to see it happening. Algernon is the parallel being, who goes through the same transformation. It essentially says that you should be happy with who you are, because Charlie wasn't happy with himself when he was smart.

There's a short story version too, you can read that to get an idea of what it's about.

They did something like that in a Spider-man comic. Rhino got super-smart, and rewrote the works of Shakespeare out of boredom. He chose to get his IQ dropped back down in the end.

(I never read any Spiderman comics, but I did randomly look up some of the characters in Wikipedia)
Page 1 of 2