I just downloaded Firefox and it seems to work fine.

Except I just tried downloading a torrent through it.

It seems to be a lot slower... in Internet Explorer I could download from one seed at 90 kb/s, but through Firefox, there are 9 seeds and it's only running 20 kb/s.

Is this an issue with Firefox or just retarded seeds?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
torrents are another term for peer-to-peer (p2p) file sharing. And typicaly they are "frowned upon"
It could just be that torrent. Maybe the seeders aren't letting you download very much. Although I agree, you should be using a program like uTorrent or Azureus.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
sorry, once again I worded it wrong...

I am using a torrent program. I'm using BitLord.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
uTorrent or Azureus are the best to use although if you are going to play games and to multiple things at once you would want to go with utorrent, azuerus can be a pain in the a** because of all the java.
the browser you used to download the .torrent file should have zero bearing on the speed of the torrent download, it'll be seeders with low upload rates.