Searched and didnt find one.

So... I emailed Music Dispatch about a Death book, they arent making one soon, but they are making a Dragonforce one! Whoo!
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
****!

They're still together
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
So many people think they suck. Everyone that thinks so, play Fury of the Storm for me right now!
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
I think it's people thinking their music isn't good, not that they aren't good musicians. I can't stand them for more then 1 song per week... they have no versatility, it's smash, whank, smash, whank, 'O God, someone grabbed my balls,' whank, whank, whank, breakdown, whank, smash, WHANK til the end of song. They should be in their own genre of whankocity.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
It seems to be popular to rip on Dragonforce, but I find them to be extremely enjoyable---great cheerful music. I have all of their albums, and I find "Black Winter Night" to be my favorite song. I laugh at their 80s-sounding ballads, but they're still neat to listen to.
^Ya lol that ballads are pretty bad, but Black Winter Night is awesome. I too have all their albums. I enjoy Fury the most.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Meh, it seems like they just want "SPEED SPEED SPEED MELODY'S OVERRATED SPEED SPEED SPEED" to me. I tried them out once, downloaded about 7 songs, and for some reason, I just didn't enjoy it. Iunno, I just didn't enjoy the riffs and vocal hooks, it just felt like they were half-assed and sorta forced out. And Herman Li's a good guitarist in like, technical abilities, imo, but not in melody and tone....
Well, they're pretty much a love 'em or hate 'em kinda band. I love listening to them when I'm in a ****ty mood b/c they're so damn cheerful.
I agree with megaderrick. They have some truly triumphant sounding choruses and their music in general is SO satisfying to sing along to and headbang to. Fields of Despair is probably my favorite, I love that chorus. And Cry of the Brave for the chorus mostly, " Far away beyond the gates of spaace and tiiime!"
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
I listened to some of Sonic Firestorm on the way to school, I had forgotten how much that album rules. I have all 3, Valley and sonic are great, but Inhuman Rampage blows.
I confess to listening to Dragonforce on occassion and enjoying it.
Soldiers of the Wasteland drags on a bit too long, but it's my favorite song from them.
There already exists a Dragonforce thread. YOu obviously did not search hard enough.
Quote by closertofreewil
So many people think they suck. Everyone that thinks so, play Fury of the Storm for me right now!

Get Herman Li to play it correctly first!
There already exists a Dragonforce thread. YOu obviously did not search hard enough.

Bring it up then, unless Im the only one whose search engine stops after 10 pages Im pretty sure there isnt.
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
I love Valley of the Damned (one of my favorite albums and my favorite DF song).
Sonic firestorm was a good effort, and has some good tracks.
Inhuman rampage seems to be the reason for a lot of the DF bashing (repatitive, speed only etc.) as it really isn't a good album.

I think the band could boost their reputation by not getting drunk before shows so they can play more accurately live, instead of ruining some good songs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
They're awesome musicians and you can't deny they can play the fastest of all all fast **** as a band. I like them and enjoy listening to them every once in a while they can be really creative, but I cant take more than 1 song at a time, there's just something about it to me that comes off just super annoying.
Quote by garden of grey
Get Herman Li to play it correctly first!

That's not even, funny. As people have said, it's not that he doesn't have the skill, it's he's drunk and having too much fun playing to follow the intricut(can't spell) patterns he's doing.
Quote by Dog454

POKER..UG
Quote by closertofreewil
That's not even, funny. As people have said, it's not that he doesn't have the skill, it's he's drunk and having too much fun playing to follow the intricut(can't spell) patterns he's doing.

Which is why I have seen two videos of him playing things that remotely sound like songs? Why do other extremely technical power metal bands among other musicians not sound so bad live?

And the "having fun" excuse is silly. If that's really the reason, I'm not lol.

And if it's not like he couldn't sober up before a film of him playing in a studio, he just has really bad sweeping technique.