so I was thinking about getting a guitar with a floyd rose but I remebered I need to do drop tunings as well as standard

that would be pretty hard to do in thirty seconds, right?

don't flame, I have no experence with FRs
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
You could use the FR if you wanted to leave it in a certain tuning, but you wouldn't want to change tunings with one.
You should get a guitar with a non locking trem then. IMO the best non locking trems are made by Music Man and Paul Reed Smith but it is purely based on experience and taste.

you can get a d-tuna but it only drops the low E of a whole step, which is less than often practical, and you ruin the possibility to make the thing scream because you can't pull the bar with the d-tuna, only dive.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I thought I heard once of one where you can drop the low E a set amount
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
If its a huge deal to use both tunings, get a D-Tuna, but if u don't want to spend the money, just play the low E two frets up from the number of the note in standard tuning.

EDIT: that is if ur in Drop-D
those auto drop things came out and i thought they'd be more popular then they are now, but eh, theres one called "the slingshot", i think, that replaces the E string tuner.

i haven't used locking trems either but, I saw Evergrey live, im pretty sure it was them, and they had FRs and every few songs would either tune or change their tunnings, but yeah it took them like 5 minutes.
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
That D-tuna thing is cool

any had experence w/ it

does it work well?
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
just use the floyd in your main tuning, and the cyclone in your most used alternate tuning... its not that hard to have two guitars on stage, infact its better to do so
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
My guitar has an FR, and im pretty sure you can drop the low string with the fine tuners
It gets there but barely...
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
It does, it sends all the other striungs out of tune mind...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
plus the problem with the d-tuna is that it'll only work properly if you set up the trem not to float.

a tremol-no may be worth considering, though. i think 30 seconds is pushing it, but you wouldn't need to rebalance the trem. Though in the different tuning, you wouldn't be able to pull up with the trem (you need to go to blocked or dive-only mode).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?