Help anyone?
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Yes
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
thanks
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Quote by Jackal58
Yes
no kiddin'?

i did not know that...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
If by idle you mean with the engine working, yes. If by idle you mean with the battery on contact but the engine off, then no. It wastes it.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

any time the engine is on, it turns the alternator... which charges the battery
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
You're better if you idle it with the headlights ON! Yes... on. I've worked at dealerships for years and when you have a vehicle idle with the headlights on, it draws power, making the alternator go to work. if there's no draw on the electrical system it simply slowly charges. idle with the lights on, preferably with someone watching it.
Until your headlights die...

But yeah, tis true, running the car at all will charge it, running the car with source of power will charge it faster. Its just when you run a power source w/o the engine that it dies.
a quick way of doing it is rev the engine a few times (foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off, foot to floor, off) quickly. Then it will be drivable unless your alt. is bad. This works great if you are jumping your car and then have to go somewhere quick.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
Quote by nemo636
You're better if you idle it with the headlights ON! Yes... on. I've worked at dealerships for years and when you have a vehicle idle with the headlights on, it draws power, making the alternator go to work. if there's no draw on the electrical system it simply slowly charges. idle with the lights on, preferably with someone watching it.

You are correct to a point. Would not do it like that if the battery is already dead. Dead battery is going to draw as much or more current at first as the headlights
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Alrighty, threadstarter. Got a Multimeter?

Test the voltage across the two battery terminals. It should be about 12.5V with the engine off. Now get it running and test again. The voltage across the terminals should now be about 13.5 - 14.5V. As long as your voltage is higher with the engine on, than it is when it's off you're charging.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard