Hey guys im trying to get a tone similar to the tone for the solo in "another brick in the wall" right now im using a 15 watt vox modeling amp and an Ibanez ARC-300. Also if i need any pedals to achieve the tone im looking for im more than willing to pick one up (within 100 dollars)

Thanx in advance

Hayze
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
that solo was a l.p goldtop through a mesa boogie strangely - l.p, neck pup, quite a nice bit of gain, highish mids
Ok thanks, but would anyone know how i should go about setting my Vox? Right now to play the solo i have my mids really high the treble between 12 and 1 o' clock the bass at full and have rolled back my tone knob that controlls my bridge humbucker.
Try using your neck pickup. If your amp is the AD15VT, turn the effects knob to Comp. The solo for that song had a fair amount of compression. Other than that just play around with the amp models and gain until you get a good sound.
I play that one through a Fender Squier Strat, neck pickup, into a Peavey MX, very clean amp and I always lean on the bass knob a bit when I set up. All the tone controls really, to bring everything out well but I like lots of bottom end. I want an 8 foot bulldog barking behind me when I hit a low A...and a gorilla with certain anatomical features in a vise when I hit the distortion box. The neck pickup on my Squier is a nice sounding one, probably my favorite sound with that amp. It does Gilmour's sound quite well, and a bit of compressor gets more volume or sustain when needed. Some of the leads work better through the Super Reverb with a Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal, but most of the time for Pink Floyd or a Gilmour ish sound I go for the MX and Strat.

Didn't know the Les Paul was used for Another Brick, did know he used one but not that interesting bit of trivia.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Hoser
Try using your neck pickup. If your amp is the AD15VT, turn the effects knob to Comp. The solo for that song had a fair amount of compression. Other than that just play around with the amp models and gain until you get a good sound.

also, try the boutique od amp model. i think it sounds good for a gilmourish type solo tone.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!