Page 1 of 2
K,look guys,i DO like abit of metal..not crazy emo screaming type,but the whole band going crazy type,not too noisy,neither is it quiet..k,i'm about to get my first electric,and i'm stuck between an ibanez and a fender..i like rock,hard rock,songs like The Hell Song,Face Down,Chop Suey and fun rock songs like those RHCP make..Dani California,Otherside,Californiacation and others rock songs...i wonder,the hell song,face down,and of course chop suey can be abit of metal...but can i tune the fender to sound like an ibanez?with what amps? i'm either getting an RG350(ibanez) or the Fender Mexico,which are about the same prices,and please don't talk about the guitars,talk about whether and which amps and equipments are needed to make the fender sound like a ibanez...and whether i sound get a fender for these kind of songs..tho i want the ibanez,the fender is recomended by quite a few of my friends who have lots of experience...so i really think i should get one..i've already tried the rg but not the fender..and i'm running out of time,
Get a Fender Fat Strat. It has a humbucker in the bridge so u can get hard, heavy sounds, but also 2 single-coils for the Chili's songs.
Ibanez all the way.

I'm not a fan of strats (or any guitars with just singles).
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by qotsa1998
Get a Fender Fat Strat. It has a humbucker in the bridge so u can get hard, heavy sounds, but also 2 single-coils for the Chili's songs.

+1

fender is twice as versitale as ibanez
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Unless that Fender is an HSS (hum, single, single) you may want an Ibanez which tends to have humbucking pickups. You really should try both out on an amp closest to yours you can plug into in the store. Try them head-to-head if possible. Its hard compare differences in sound if you don't A/B the guitars.
Some of the ibanez do have an HSH pickup style, if those don't fit you think about doing a coil split mod onto your neck pick.
I think i willl get the fender,tho i like the looks of the ibanez,anyone tried the fender mexico yet?i;'m choosing it over the rg350,and i think as long as i can get the heavy sound,i'll be fine,
the fenders made in mexico are just the same as the ones made in america, the only difference is how much you pay really.
its very cheap,and cheap enough for a starter one,i really want the fender only cos of its versatality
Well if the fender has Humbuckers AND Single coils id go with it. Then switch the Humbucker out for something with a higher output so you can get those really nice dirty sounds.
wait,can you guys check out whether the mexico has a humbucker and 2 single coils?i can't seem to find out..and i know very little of electrics..esspecially fenders..
Its an HSS but I would be wary of that trem. Whammy the hell out of it in the store. If it goes drastically out of tune pass on it. I'm sure that it's a knock-off Floyd Rose, so if you will be using the trem a lot it may not last very long. Most of them tend to wear out quickly.
eh...this is stupid,how many freaking types of mexicos are there? theres strato,telecaster..standard? huh?which one guys?
hm..apparently the Fender:StratocasterMexico) 70's Reissue has 3 single coils...change one of them?
they are not mexicos, the are just made in mex...the standards and I think all of the exept the ones that say american...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by NoobOnZone
hm..apparently the Fender:StratocasterMexico) 70's Reissue has 3 single coils...change one of them?

dont get the 70s reissue get the fat strat its the one with a humbucker and two single coils
Quote by RetroGunslinger
eihter one, just make sure it has a humbucker on it. there are teles with humbuckers out there, but I think that for you the better one would be the strat

this one:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_hss_stratocaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=103576823
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Last edited by fifer at Sep 4, 2007,
wow..i absulutely love the colour..vintage sunburst,cool stuff man,but does this fat one go out of tune easily if i whammy it?
what about the fat strat? whats the diff between the strat and the fat one? sorry,i completely don't know anything about fenders..
hmm I dont know, I think that you would have to try it out your self since not all guitars are the same..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by NoobOnZone
what about the fat strat? whats the diff between the strat and the fat one? sorry,i completely don't know anything about fenders..

I believe the only difference is the bridge pickup in the fat strat is a humbucker and the one in the normal one is a single coil...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
but i think they are...they look exactly the same..the strat and the fat strat,but of cos i will try it out,great looking one tho,thanks alot man,you all rock,i'll try the fat strat some day
they look exactly the same to me tho...i think its just the body,thats why they say ''fat''?
hey fifer..i think you've got the wrong one.. heres the one i want.. its a Fender:StratocasterMexico) Fat Stratocaster, 3 Tone Sunburst,its about 269 pounds..but its second handed...anyone knows the price of a brand new one in singapore?
Quote by NoobOnZone
hey fifer..i think you've got the wrong one.. heres the one i want.. its a Fender:StratocasterMexico) Fat Stratocaster, 3 Tone Sunburst,its about 269 pounds..but its second handed...anyone knows the price of a brand new one in singapore?

that is what I said a fat strat was...and I am 100% sure that it does not way 269 pounds, no one would be able to play it...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
American Deluxe S-1 switching system > humbucker.

Pure secks.
Last edited by AluminumOxide at Sep 6, 2007,
fender with humbuckers just don't look right. You can get plenty of gain with single coils, just look at hendrix and cobain
Quote by gagnerants
the fenders made in mexico are just the same as the ones made in america, the only difference is how much you pay really.

couldnt be more wrong really
please dont post nonsense
have you played an american strat or tele?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by fifer
that is what I said a fat strat was...and I am 100% sure that it does not way 269 pounds, no one would be able to play it...

WOW POUNDS ARE A FORM OF CURRENCY DuMB ASS
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
a standard fender strat has single coil pickups, which are what john frusciante uses from RHCP. an ibanez most likely has humbucker pickups, which are better for system of a down songs and stuff like that. it is also possible to buy a standard fender fat strat, which is a regular strat with a humbucker pickup in the bridge position instead of a single coil.
standard strat
fat strat

the ibanez will have a slightly different sound than the fat strat, because it is made of a different wood (i think).

DO NOT GET A FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE. if the description says anything about a "floyd rose" bridge, or a locking trem, then don't buy it. i've heard many things about them being a pain in the butt to restring and tune. especially for a beginner

anyway, thats my 2 cents. hope it helped.
Quote by samick007

DO NOT GET A FLOYD ROSE BRIDGE. if the description says anything about a "floyd rose" bridge, or a locking trem, then don't buy it. i've heard many things about them being a pain in the butt to restring and tune. especially for a beginner

anyway, thats my 2 cents. hope it helped.

exactly. FR's are not that hard. Just n00bs screw em up.
Last edited by FRDesign at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by libskate44
WOW POUNDS ARE A FORM OF CURRENCY DuMB ASS

hey idiot it was a joke, but I guess a stupid person like you wouldnt get it...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by qotsa1998

No. Get the Ibanez, unless you fall in love with the strat. If you go for a strat, get SSS, don't make me argue my point again. If you truly feel you need a humbucker, do NOT get a fat strat, get the Ibanez.
Quote by Hayzed
Well if the fender has Humbuckers AND Single coils id go with it. Then switch the Humbucker out for something with a higher output so you can get those really nice dirty sounds.

NO NO NO NO NO! He will most likely get an SS amp. High output pickups + SS amp does not equal good dirty tones!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Sep 7, 2007,
Page 1 of 2