I was looking into lowering the action on my Jackson. It has a floyd rose, and one of the threads I was reading had a link for how to lower the action with most bridges. For a floyd rose, it said all you have to do is lower the bridge by tightening the screws. Fine, I can do that. What I'm wondering, is what are the possible negative outcomes of doing this? Is the worst thing that could happen fret-buzz? Could this mess with my intonation? By lowering the bridge will i have to adjust the floyd's springs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You shouldn't have to re-adjust the springs. The intonation will be off, but intonation is never perfect. I wouldn't worry about the intonation.

You may get some fretbuzz.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Alright, thanks. Maggot, when you say nothing at all...has it at least given you lower action? haha...
I did it a few days ago. No problems whatsoever. Didn't even need to fine tune much afterwards. The only thing I was a little bit anxious about was whether it'd be fine to do it with full string tension, but I ended up being all "Fuck it, this is hardened steel- it'll hold up." And apparently it did. Now, can anybody tell me if I made a mistake?
Huh, I hadn't thought about the string tension...****. I can't imagine you did anything wrong as long as it still works.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
If you're worried about string tension, just detune all the strings as much as you can with the fine tuners. That may do the trick.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club