It has an active preamp at the very least. Whether or not the pickups themselves are active are rather irrelevant: it's the preamp that's where the magic is.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
"Extra poweRful Passive Full Range
pickups with exposed pole pieces
offer extreme high output."

that's what the Ibanez website says about the srx series....so seems simple enough.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by DeAd-RiP
wouldnt know but it looks like a nice guitar

If you want to be SUPER hardcore and just so damn metal, you can get the Mike D'Antonio version of that: it has a super cool decal (he's a graphic designer), the pickup blend is hardwired to both pickups always on, and the EQ is hardwired flat. Oh, and he took away those knobs. The only knob is the volume knob: it's right beside the bridge. All those knobs get in the way of his guitar-wannabe metalness!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well it's a nice bass....until he downgraded it to be custom.....who knows why.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by thefitz
If you want to be SUPER hardcore and just so damn metal, you can get the Mike D'Antonio version of that: it has a super cool decal (he's a graphic designer), the pickup blend is hardwired to both pickups always on, and the EQ is hardwired flat. Oh, and he took away those knobs. The only knob is the volume knob: it's right beside the bridge. All those knobs get in the way of his guitar-wannabe metalness!

NICE +1
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by thefitz

Wait, if he wanted to be guitar like, wouldn't he scoop his mids?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

So these are passive? SWEET I'd hate to buy batteries n whatever

Quote by thefitz
It has an active preamp at the very least. Whether or not the pickups themselves are active are rather irrelevant: it's the preamp that's where the magic is.

So yes, you will need batteries.

I checked a couple of websites and it's definately a 2 band active EQ.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
damn double post

Just delete it then

Anyways, Mike D'Antonio is a good showman, but his bass playing blows goats.