I have a Roland Cube 60 amp which sounds pretty good, I've been researching what pickups to get and just plainy need help.

I play crunchy death riffs

so far I've looked at

EMG 81 & 85---Active
EMG HZ---------Passive

Duncan TB-6
but theres so many Duncan's I have no clue as to whats great

theres even active ones from Duncan too

any suggestions??

P.S. I'm a guitar equipment noob but not at playing
Di marizo, But it depends how "metal" you want to be. But To choose from just thoes I would choose the EMG 85
Quote by --ARES--
Di marizo, But it depends how "metal" you want to be. But To choose from just thoes I would choose the EMG 85

I want the huge crunchy low sound most of thats amp settings but I have remake pickups made for blues not metal haha but yet it don't hum

The EMG 81 sounded good for the Bridge pickup but I was told the EMG HZ is better for my style of amp or w/e

but also heard good about Duncan, never really heard much about Di Marizo but im sure its good too
Di marizo is used by big players like Herman li (dragon Force) and Steve Vai. But For the sound your looking for just concentrate of the bridge pickup.
To be honest you wont find a huge difference in sound when dealing with modeling amps like the Cubes. Pretty much any humbucker will sound relatively the same through it. I wouldnt recommend using active pickups with the Cube either, especially for high gain stuff since it makes it sound a tad bit too scratchy...to me at least. Anyway, the Cubes were designed to give you the best sound with any guitar...basically a $99 Squire Bullet will sound the same through a Cube as a nice USA Strat.
Quote by hardcoredarrell
I want the huge crunchy low sound most of thats amp settings but I have remake pickups made for blues not metal haha but yet it don't hum

The EMG 81 sounded good for the Bridge pickup but I was told the EMG HZ is better for my style of amp or w/e

but also heard good about Duncan, never really heard much about Di Marizo but im sure its good too

EMG HZ are horrible pickups. Whoever told you they're better for what you want is very VERY wrong. Probably the worst pickups I've ever used on a guitar. Very muddy sounding pickups, for the price there's MUCH better, for EMGs, you either go Active, or nothing.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by --ARES--
Di marizo is used by big players like Herman li (dragon Force) and Steve Vai. But For the sound your looking for just concentrate of the bridge pickup.

Yeah, was planning on just getting a Bridge pickup, as its all you really use for metal
The Bridge Pickup on my current guitar is alright, just could be more clear when using more than 1 string at a time, playing songs that only do 1 string at a time are crystal clear and it NEVER hums no matter how much gain or distortion I put on it
but I duno what kind it is as the guitar was given to me and theres not much info on this rare guitar, and pickup says nothing on it...

kurdtkobaign, yeah figured they didn't know wuh they were rambaling about....I am just using this guitar and the amp for home practice at the moment, when It's times for gigs I usually use the bands amp which is the best sound I have ever heard possible =]

but some people were saying EMG active would have a windy sound on this amp or something to that nature, im not to sure on it, just need something that would not sound muddy when playing multiple strings on a heavy riff

Quote by Diamond Dave
dimarzio drop sonic for the bridge might be a good option

I'll have to look into that I'm open to all suggestions haha
Quote by kurdtkobaign
To be honest you wont find a huge difference in sound when dealing with modeling amps like the Cubes. Pretty much any humbucker will sound relatively the same through it. I wouldnt recommend using active pickups with the Cube either, especially for high gain stuff since it makes it sound a tad bit too scratchy...to me at least. Anyway, the Cubes were designed to give you the best sound with any guitar...basically a $99 Squire Bullet will sound the same through a Cube as a nice USA Strat.

+1