any thoughts on it im considering making an amp purchase soon to compliment my recently bought PRS custom 22

at the moment im just using a BD2 into a epi valve JR

i play mostly blues, alot of slide work, a fair amount of jazz and classic rock, and also in the praise band at church.

if not the epi blues custom any other recomendations in the price range of oh 300-600 dollars (US) new or used
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
i totally dig your genre preference.

a Fender Blues Jr. is a totally nice amp for that kind of sound. I love mine. i don't play slide too much (it's hard man!!!) but i love playing the blues, and classic rock.

it should hold up pretty clean witht he poweramp cranked and the volume on ur guitar rolled down. it cleans up REALLY nicely.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i totally dig your genre preference.

a Fender Blues Jr. is a totally nice amp for that kind of sound. I love mine. i don't play slide too much (it's hard man!!!) but i love playing the blues, and classic rock.

it should hold up pretty clean witht he poweramp cranked and the volume on ur guitar rolled down. it cleans up REALLY nicely.

allready looked the fender route and decided if im gonna get a fender im gonna save up a little more and get a reissue deluxe reverb
^nice. i think epiphone blues custom would be a nice choice then.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^nice. i think epiphone blues custom would be a nice choice then.

^^^thanks for the input anyone else have a word to say
I would say look into other choices on the fender route also, such as bassman, twin reverb, virbrolux, and so on. They all have really nice clean sounds, and with the BD 2 you could get it into blues easily.

Or, if you don't feel like going fender, the peavey classic 30/50 and delta blues. If I had the budget I probably would have ended up with the delta blues.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Lightitup
I would say look into other choices on the fender route also, such as bassman, twin reverb, virbrolux, and so on. They all have really nice clean sounds, and with the BD 2 you could get it into blues easily.

Or, if you don't feel like going fender, the peavey classic 30/50 and delta blues. If I had the budget I probably would have ended up with the delta blues.

thanks, ive also looked into the delta blues a little.
as for the other fender amps you listed,
bassman-the tone and wattage just arent exactly what im looking for
twin reverb-from what i know just a bigger version of the the deluxe reverb- much louder than ill need anytime soon
vibrolux-havent looked into much yet, and the deluxe reverb does already have a vibrato channel
Vibrolux is a super loud super clean amp. Might not have the bluesy distortion you need.
Quote by spaminator101
allready looked the fender route and decided if im gonna get a fender im gonna save up a little more and get a reissue deluxe reverb

The Deluxe Reverb is a GREAT amp, and you should be able to find one in the $600 range used if you look around a bit. I bought mine for less than that. It's an excellent choice for your styles.

Also recommended and great is the Peavey Delta Blues. I like the 1x15 version best. I'd liken it to a poor man's Vox AC30. Great cleans, smooth OD.

These would be significantly better choices than the Epi Blues Custom, IMHO, an amp that I think is kinda bland. I'd say that even the Blues Jr would be a step up.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
The Deluxe Reverb is a GREAT amp, and you should be able to find one in the $600 range used if you look around a bit. I bought mine for less than that. It's an excellent choice for your styles.

Also recommended and great is the Peavey Delta Blues. I like the 1x15 version best. I'd liken it to a poor man's Vox AC30. Great cleans, smooth OD.

These would be significantly better choices than the Epi Blues Custom, IMHO, an amp that I think is kinda bland. I'd say that even the Blues Jr would be a step up.

thanks
by the way, what would yall think about a used AC15
Quote by spaminator101
thanks

I think that depends on the price of the used AC15. The general opinion on the AC15(mind you I've only played the AC30) is that it isn't as good as the AC30. If you can find a Laney VC15, new it is only about $400. That is about the same price as a BJ, so if you're looking for a 15 watter I'd say those are your two main options(assuming you can find them). Also, as Slats said, the Peavey Delta Blues.( I have no experience with the Delta)
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Lightitup

Those would be good choices.
Quote by spaminator101
thanks

IMHO, the AC15CC is less than just a smaller version of the AC30. I love the AC30, the 15 just doesn't live up. Depending on where you are, if you were looking for a nice bluesy, clean 15W amp, I think either the Laney VC15 or Fender Blues Jr would be a better, more affordable choice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.