when a patch cable has one straight connector and one right angle connector which is supposed to go in the guitar and which is supposed to go in the amp/pedal?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Yeah, it doesn't really matter.

It is used a lot in guitars that don't have a good input jack position for a straight cable, such as firebirds and SGs.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Doesn't mater. I put the right angle in my amp, since the output jack is on the botton of my guitar. But if it's at the face of the guitar, you could plug it int here.
i have a strat of ot matters. . .
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Ah, on some guitars you have to have a straight jack for the guitar end because a right-angled jack just won't fit. A Strat needs a straight jack, just as a Tele does.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
**** i ordered a cable with one right angle jack and i just checked with a small( 6in) double right angle cable and the right angle jack doesnt fit on the amp the way its positioned

is there a fix?
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by libskate44
**** i ordered a cable with one right angle jack and i just checked with a small( 6in) double right angle cable and the right angle jack doesnt fit on the amp the way its positioned

is there a fix?

you might be able to get adaptors...I saw those yesterday on guitar centre's ws
i just realized that the right angle will be plugged into my first pedal which it will fit
Quote by beeboshain
The purpose of the right-angled jack is largely to prevent the output jack on your guitar from sustaining damage (on those that have output jacks in awkward places) by the jack being hit somehow.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
i have a question tho
the said cable is a coiled cable so if i plug it into my wah pedal and i move the pedal is dragged along when the cable should be stretching out
i need a way to fasten the pedal down so it stays still and the cable stretches as it should
Quote by beeboshain
i use the 90 degree angle for my RR, it works well, when i had a straight cable, it ****ed up my output jack on my guitar, which was free to get fixed by my local guitar store, but i had to walk up there and stuff.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562