I just ordered my first electric of the internet (yamaha RgxA2) and its really messed up. I have 3 problems with it:

1.Every time I play a triad chord(F A C) its sounds really out of tune even when the guitar is tuned properly but if I arpeggiate the chord it sounds in tune.

2. When I play more than 1 note I get a lot of ugly sounding distortion. I just want the same tone as when I play a single note.

3. The low E string buzzes a lot when I play it, and its the closest string to the fretboard (I think it should be the farthest), and it also is very loose, if I tune it down any more it will fall off.

This sucks because I was really looking forward to playing an electric, but now I'm forced to play on the acoustic again. Please Help UG
It buzzes because it's a crappy guitar.

Other than that...check the wiring of your pickups...and make shure(spelling) that your amp is alright.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
1. Your intonation is probably off...idk tho, without hearing it

2. Turn your gain down, and dont hit the strings as hard, or change your effects if you've got different distortions or overdrives to choose from.

3. I find it hard to believe that your E is in standard tuning if its about to fall off. Thats like drop A...the reason it buzzes might be a quality error or the E string might not be strung correctly, depending on the type of bridge you have...see what happens when you change strings.

Hope i helped
Intonation is slightly off. This is on every guitar, some worse than others. Get a "tune up" at a guitar shop, since your guitar suffered damage durring shipping. The distortion is fixed by fidling with your amp/tone control on your guitar.
Hey, Dont listen to some of those guys ur guitars fine not the best but fine. the buzzing on the low E and intonations problems are because u need to get a set up done on ur guitar. itll fix all those problems its common to get set ups. The guy at the guitar store will just fix ur action ( height ) of the strings and line up ur trust rod. itll run u about $20 $25 dollars and ur guitar will sounds fine and remember to change the strings every month or so depending on how offten u play and get a set up till u can do it ur self at least once a year.... at least. thanks keep playin :>
I heard some people are so used to strum an acoustic hard that when they go to play electric, they get absolutely ****ty tone from hitting it so hard. Try not hitting it as hard.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Would someone mind telling me what intonation is? Its seems to be my problem. And can I get it set up at any music shop cause I don't have a guitar center nearby and the only music store is one that specializes in school instruments(violin, trumpet) not guitars. Do I just say "I want a set up" and all the problems will fix?
Last edited by scarlet20 at Sep 4, 2007,
Quote by scarlet20
Would someone mind telling me what intonation is? Its seems to be my problem. And can I get it set up at any music shop cause I don't have a guitar center nearby and the only music store is one that specializes in school instruments(violin, trumpet) not guitars. Do I just say "I want a set up" and all the problems will fix?

Im not a dictionary, and this definition might be not exactly correct, but when we say your intonation is off, we mean that your string are in tune when you hit them open, but when you fret them, they arent in tune with each other. For example, you just tuned every string, and they are all in standard tuning. Now you play a G chord, and it sounds off. Maybe not terrible, but definitely too sharp or flat. Even tho your strings are tuned, your intonation is off. Beyond that, idk how to explain it. Ive never gotten my guitar set-up either, so maybe some one else can advise you there, but im thinkin a set up shoud help you...