Poll: Which one out of these two?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one out of these two?
Traynor YCV50blue
2 29%
Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1
5 71%
Voters: 7.
Hey, i am going to buy a new tube amp combo and i was looking at either a Traynor YCV50blue, or a Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1. I play clean rock, mid-gain rock, and hard rock. I'd like a slash'ish tone only a little more treble if you know what i mean. I am not set on one of these two amps so other suggestions are welcome, but it would have to be all tube and preferably under 800 dollars. I would also keep this amp through college and plan on gigging, and im not sure the 15 watt Vox might not have enough power, but i could get mic'd up anyway i guess, so tone wise which one do you guys recommend? again the closest store that sells these are about an hour and a half away from me so i dont think i could just try them out because i think i would forget which one i like better. Thanx
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Hmmm, I would suggest the Traynor for slash like tones. Also if you think 15 watts would be enough, you could get an Orange Tiny Terror, and an orange 2x12 and you would have an amazing sounding rig, especially for slash sounds.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
peavey classic 50 is another to look into. 15 watts might not be enough for clean tones. also look at the peavey windsor. but of the ones you mentioned i would say the traynor is your best bet
Quote by s.r.v.
peavey classic 50 is another to look into. 15 watts might not be enough for clean tones. also look at the peavey windsor. but of the ones you mentioned i would say the traynor is your best bet

Windsor is not good for clean tones.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
For what you're looking to do, the Traynor by far.

Even if you were looking for sounds the AC15 does better, I'd probably be able to come up with a couple amps that would be better choices than it, anyway. I love the AC30, but the AC15 reissue doesn't compare.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I haven't played either amp but I will recommend giving an Orange Amplifier a try.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio