Right now Im learning how to play Master of Puppets and Im trying to figure out how to use a metronome for learning this song or for any song, so how do I play it with a metronome do I play the song in quarter notes and then to sixteenth notes or what and how do you incorporate using a metronome for learning any song because theres some necrophagist songs that are like 220 bpm and I dont have 220 bpm on my metronome, so how do you do that?
learn the songs, play it perfect, then speed it up a bit, play it perfect (commence downloading songs now) play it with the real song
your welcome
Quote by Jonjy2
Don't make more than one thread on one thing!

I only posted in here too was because this is the right place to post my question, not in the pit.
W/E

All you do is play the song, but make sure your notes time up with the beats on the metronome. I cant remember, but MOP I think is somewhere in the 180 range. Just slow down the tempo to say 120 and play it perfectly at 120 synching your notes to the metronome beats (Whether it be 4 16th's or 2 8ths, I dont really care) and gradually increase the tempo as you can play it comfortably.
you should just use guitar-pro. get a tab of it (there are pretty good ones in this site) and turn on the metronome on guitar-pro. slow down to about 150bpm and practice like that. when you can play accurately, increase the speed
Quote by nedthehead
MOP I think is somewhere in the 180 range.

God, I wish

MOP is somewhere in the range of 200 to 208 bpm played in almost constant 8ths.

For higher speeds you'll need to get a different metronome, the free ones on the internet go on for ages past the usual 208, or you could play at half the speed in a double time feel, so instead of playing at 220 in 8ths you would play at 110 in 16ths.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
God, I wish

MOP is somewhere in the range of 200 to 208 bpm played in almost constant 8ths.

For higher speeds you'll need to get a different metronome, the free ones on the internet go on for ages past the usual 208, or you could play at half the speed in a double time feel, so instead of playing at 220 in 8ths you would play at 110 in 16ths.

I have a feeling that MOP has a bit of fucking around with different time signatures, which definitely isn't going to help the threadstarter

Best advice I can give you is to get your hands on Guitar Pro. Make sure you can play along perfectly in time at 50% speed to start with, then slowly increase it till you can play at 100% speed without any mistakes and in time (with the notes and your foot).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
I have a feeling that MOP has a bit of fucking around with different time signatures, which definitely isn't going to help the threadstarter

Best advice I can give you is to get your hands on Guitar Pro. Make sure you can play along perfectly in time at 50% speed to start with, then slowly increase it till you can play at 100% speed without any mistakes and in time (with the notes and your foot).

Aye, it does switch time signatures, oftentimes for one bar at the end of a couple riffs.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah, the bars in the verses alternate between 4/4 and 13/16 with a 2/2 thrown on the end, so a metronome may not be much help there. Try getting Guitar Pro and practising with a GP tab of the song.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.