What is the first "advanced" song that you learned. If you don't know what I'm talking abotu, look at a tab for the song and some people put the dificulty. Someone had Snow by RHCP as advanced proly because of th speed riff, and if that one counts, that ones my irst.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
probably eruption, call it cheesy or whatever but I don't care that song got me to play guitar.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
First?...
Glasgow Kiss by Petrucci... then again, ive only been playing 3 years. Ive stopped playing tabs so much now...
I dunno, Master of Puppets? I still have a little trouble playing the first part of the second solo tho, the one Kirk does.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Megadeath - Hanger 18
Its the ultimate advanced song complete with crazy time signatures and 6 or 7 solos.

Oh yeah and I don't know the whole thing. I gave up after I learned about 1/3 of it.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
MOP(complete) was my first. Played it in school next day...I was god. lol
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Advanced is a fairly loose defenition although I'm going to say, considering the other posts in this thread, that the first "advanced" song I learned was the woodstock '69 rendition in its entirenty of I'm Going Home by Ten Years After.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
The solo is 25 or 6 to 4 is kind of difficult.It is fun to play but doesnt take forever to learn.
overture 1928 by dream theater
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Surfing with the Alien, or Summer Song
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I hardly ever learn a song all the way through. but I am working on Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow - Bullet for my Valentine. Some of the tabs say advanced and some say intermediate so I don't know if it counts.
Let's see, the first? Time to go way back haha...I'm gonna have to say Sad But True by Metallica. The main riffs are easy (and sound beastly), but the solo took me a while.
After that I moved on to Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow, like the dude above me.
Jackson Rhoads V: The Hippie-Slayer
Like lights to flies. Completed it with solo after a year of playing

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.