My bass player says that he doesnt want to play "Higher Ground" for our recital. We have 3 weeks left. THen when we practice, its for 10 minutes cuz his fingers hurt. He doesnt show for many lessons, either. Wat do I do.
Quote by ohspyro89
Get another bassist. Or just give him the heads up you don't have to keep him. The fact is, if he isn't beneficial, find one that is.

do u think its a little harder when uve known him for 6 years??
i totally agree. give him one last chance and if it doesnt work, replace him. oh and if his fingers hurt..thats not a good sign. lol i play guitar and bass and i've never had any probs.
Quote by SixStringSavior
i totally agree. give him one last chance and if it doesnt work, replace him. oh and if his fingers hurt..thats not a good sign. lol i play guitar and bass and i've never had any probs.

i agree wit u
finger pain usually comes with playin though. Blisters. If got em, but they don't bother me. I'll play for hours.
Tell him to shape up and take the band seriously. If not you're going to have to find another one.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by fender351
lol sounds like my bass player
higher ground is an easy song anyway too.

Higher Ground is very easy, but he tells me "I don't know it" and "Limewire isn't working". It's just excuse after excuse.
Tell him that if he doesn't dedicate himself more to playing bass and the band that you'll find a replacement.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Quote by hellfire21
Higher Ground is very easy, but he tells me "I don't know it" and "Limewire isn't working". It's just excuse after excuse.

These are lies. You don't need Limewire to listen to a song anyways, just download Powertab.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Maybe he's embaressed about the fact he can't play slap bass and wants to hide it.