i have posted a thread asking about what pedal to buy, which im going to purchase one tomorrow. i was just curious about the UG users' ideal distortion pedal is...

so,

What distortion pedal do you believe has the most realistic amp-distortion like tone. i know theres a lot of trebly, digital sounds out, but what do you think actually sounds authentic?
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
Well you dont get authentifc distortion most of the time from amps, its more overdrive you get. Distortion usually comes from pedals, or at least in my opinion. I would go metal muff if your into metal. What music are you into.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
i use a line 6 am4 amp modeller, its very practical for live playing as u get 4 settings, sounds alrite paired with an eq pedal, but i still live by my sansamp gt-2, best and most realistic amp distortion in pedal form ive ever heard
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
are we talking solid state or tube amp? if tube i'd say get the ibanez tube screamer. if solid state i'd say get the boss ds-1. also it would help to know what kind of music you play. theres an overdrive/distortion pedal for everything.
The Fulltone OCD is supposedly the holy grail of distortion/overdrive. Thats just what I've heard.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
How much are you willing to spend and what type of music do you play, what kind of amp (tube or ss?)
The only two pedals I've played that actually sound like overdriven power tubes are the gaspedals Carb and the Lovepedal Eternity. The OCD is a decent overdrive, but it still sounds like an overdrive pedal. It's also not even close to the holy grail of ODs.
i always have my sansamp GT2 in my portable rig, its kinda like a jcm800 in a stompbox.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
i always have my sansamp GT2 in my portable rig, its kinda like a jcm800 in a stompbox.

+1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots