Page 1 of 2
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a5614f/

I will post a Drum Track created by me
The contestants will take the drum track and add whatever instruments they want to it
They will mix their track and post it on their accounts (Purevolume, myspace, Dmusic, etc.)
So after a nice break, I thought I'd resurrect this from the dead

I already have a drum track pretty much laid out, just need to record it, then you people do your magic.

RULES:

No tampering of the drums track....that means no looping of segments or deleting parts.

You must submit the finish product on your accounts, 7 days after the track has been posted, if not you will be automatically eliminated from the contest.

There is no limit on how many instruments/ how many layers of instruments can be used and vocals are considered an instrument.

The system will go as follows.
1st place: 3 points- 2nd place: 2 points - 3rd Place- 1 point

Participants:

Davester000
.:METALJIM:.
sam i am
nukem
aeon20k
moody07747
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Oct 2, 2007,
hehe cool i was jsut thinking about when the next one would come along
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'm going to hold off on signing up for now...i want to have a listen to the track first.
Plus with classes starting all out this Monday I'll be busy and have no idea if I'll have much time to record...
Quote by moody07747
I'm going to hold off on signing up for now...i want to have a listen to the track first.
Plus with classes starting all out this Monday I'll be busy and have no idea if I'll have much time to record...

thats the exact reason why I don;t post the track right away. the whole point of this contest is to put you outside of your comfort zone and to improve your songwriting.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
thats the exact reason why I don;t post the track right away. the whole point of this contest is to put you outside of your comfort zone and to improve your songwriting.

Actually less time to record does not put you out of your comfort zone as much as it is less time to do things... School kinda takes quite a few hours out of my days now too. Although next semester I will have a class where I will get to play guitar I hope it is sweet and that the teacher is awesome.
Cool. I was hoping this would come back... but wasn't the last track slow and simple? I was hoping for something at breakneck speed....

Edit: oh yeah I'm in also lol
Quote by sam i am
Cool. I was hoping this would come back... but wasn't the last track slow and simple? I was hoping for something at breakneck speed....

Edit: oh yeah I'm in also lol

breakneck speed?
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

ok then, sign me up
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
breakneck speed?

It's an expression, maybe you don't know it, but it means very fast.

I was just pointing out that the last drum track was also slow simple, and I rember you saying you wanted to do something fast...
oh yea Im always ready for fast , yea I felt the last one was BY FAR the weakest one. Less of that crap more aggression or at least a fair mix.

2 more people and I can post the drum track
^ what I remember from the last one most people didn't write songs they wrote showcases.
hey im not much of an active writer i only enjoy reading this forum but i wanna give this a try if its ok?
il do it but i wanna hear the track first cuz i got stuff to do for my band as well
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Mixer is in the shop, hoping to get that buzzing eliminated should be getting it back tomorrow! if not I can record a track without it but I haven;t in a very long time, so expect a track within teh next 24-36 hours.
yay mixer problems. no need to rush yourself. if the gear needs fixin it needs fixin
have you done thrash yet?

you should do thrash metallica style lol

i wanna go nuts on a solo

lol or is this track fast enough to do thrash/shred?
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
anyone else interested?

Hey if theres still a spot left im in!
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by aeon20k
have you done thrash yet?

you should do thrash metallica style lol

i wanna go nuts on a solo

lol or is this track fast enough to do thrash/shred?

You can do shred at any tempo, but maybe not thrash.
Quote by sheumack111
Hey if theres still a spot left im in!

yea dude

update going to record now, I think you'll like this one.
loading it up on filefactory as we speak

very fast I would say, not much repetition, some weird parts in there, definetely not a one take type of track
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by Davester000
cool,

you get all your problems sorted out then??

kinda, the buzz isnt gone so I just used a basic 2 microphone set up, it turns out Im going to wind up buying a hush pedal/noisegate or a noise reduction thing.

So excuse the bass-ness of the kick drum, its not that bad

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a5614f/
good lot faster than the others, i got some neat ideas for this one. however the tempo kinda wavers a bit i think.. or is it just me?
When I click the big green "free download" button (I assume this is the right one) it just takes me back to the same page.... any ideas?
Quote by Kivarenn82
good lot faster than the others, i got some neat ideas for this one. however the tempo kinda wavers a bit i think.. or is it just me?

it definetely does a tiny bit, which is my fault admittedly, I just started a new band and I play guitar, so, my drumming isn;t as tip top as it has in the past. If its that bad, I'll rerecord it!
Quote by sam i am
When I click the big green "free download" button (I assume this is the right one) it just takes me back to the same page.... any ideas?

when I click on the green link it then presents one of those 4 letter type in deals.

from there a dling thing should start!
well, it would be intresting to try like ambient or electronic stuff over it???

might try
nah, it should be fine. i wouldn't re-record it now since other people may already have some stuff written up for it. i got some neat ideas for this one tho..

congrats on the new band!
ive finished my recording

yet still pretty rough sounding. might need to work abit more
Page 1 of 2