i have an RGA121 and the bridge is supposed to be silver. some of it is, but most of it is black and sort of rough. is this a serious problem? or does it just affect looks.

Thanks
Unless it's crumbling, just looks. My Les Paul is about 20 years old, and the pups have little things of rust on the little metal things on them. It won't make a difference.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
Unless it's crumbling, just looks. My Les Paul is about 20 years old, and the pups have little things of rust on the little metal things on them. It won't make a difference.

Thank God. just paid $630 for this baby(a deal) but i would be pissed to no end if it actually affected my tone. the bridge functions perfectly, though.

also, if i could just throw this in from my other dead thread:

my low e and a strings ring slightly when i'm play on the higher strings. this is obviously annoying when playing to hear extra sound, but it complete ruins the sound of distortion when i play on the high strings because they aren't crisp due to the vibrations of the lower strings.

this happened on my first guitar, i got an ibanez RGA121 prestige now, got it professionally set up(it buzzes still, wtf?) and the lower strings still ring when not touched. how can this be fixed? i'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow to fix the buzzing and ask about it. anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
The ringing, I think, is because of feedback.
Step away from the amplifier, or turn the gain and/or volume down.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
It's very common on anything nickel plated, but is less common on chrome plated stuff. In fact I'm pretty sure the only reason anybody buys nickel plated hardware anymore is so that it will show age in a comparatively short amount of time.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM