whats the best Hughes and Kettner you can buy for $1000

Edit: it doesnt have to be a Hughes and kettner but i play alot of rush so i need the destinktive punchy yet gloriously airy sound.
Last edited by Rushfan2121 at Sep 5, 2007,
Yeah, I don't think you can get a H&K for 600 USD.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Yeah, I don't think you can get a H&K for 600 USD.

They have some solid state models, but at that point you're just buying the name. In my experience there are far superior amps in the same price range.

The Cheapest new H&K I would get is either the Warp X or the Trilogy (depending upon my present writing style and band situation). If shopping used, a Triamp MK1 is pretty much the way to go. None of these options will come anywhere close to a $600 price capacity (though a good friend of mine scored a Triamp MK2 for $800 from some filthy rich people who bought it for their no-longer-interested son).

EDIT: Sorry to rant, but it seems that there are several outstanding amps that cover the high gain spectrum very well that don't get a lot of attention on the forums. A new H&K Warp X was my second choice to the used Decatone I ended up buying. It sounds fantastic.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by Rushfan2121
then why post

To tell you that you couldn't get a Hughes and Kettner for under 600?

They are very high end amps, and if your budget is 600 then I think there are lots of other amps to look at.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Lightitup
To tell you that you couldn't get a Hughes and Kettner for under 600?

They are very high end amps, and if your budget is 600 then I think there are lots of other amps to look at.

i upped my budget to 1000 and i didnt mean to sound mean srry