Search Button.

It's not going to be out for another month.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
seems alot like the Vox Valvetronics technology. But probably alot better than any other Spider.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I think this might actually have potential....

edit:
Although, looking at the MSRP on the website, I think they're a bit stuck up. Even for Tube Amps, they're probably not going to be worth that (and yes, I'm aware the MSRP and actual store price differ).
Spiral Out
Last edited by HumanitysDeath at Sep 4, 2007,
It's not based on the spider tone wise at all.

It's based on the way you dial up tones for the spider, as in 2 clean, 2 twang, 2 crunch, 2 metal, and 2 insane. It's not going to sound anywhere similar to the Spider III's at all.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Yeah, I've seen a billion of these threads in the last few weeks it seems like.

They could very possibly be good, I'll wait until they hit stores to say anything else though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Doodleface
seems alot like the Vox Valvetronics technology. But probably alot better than any other Spider.

well its made with bognor so it should be more high end. only combos tho
It could be amazing... or a huge disappointment. I think it's a big mistake naming it a spider though - at least after releasing torrential **** under the same name in the past.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Doodleface

Not even close. It has a tube preamp, and a tube power section, with a digital preamp frontend as well.

It's like the Switchblade.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Doodleface

It's the opposite of the vox. It has a tube power amp. Let me tell you, I'm definately interested. Still, where does most of the SS clipping come from Amp experts? The Preamp or the PowerAmp?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I am skeptical but I look forward to trying one. I'll try to keep an open mind.
Quote by CORT noob
It's the opposite of the vox. It has a tube power amp. Let me tell you, I'm definately interested. Still, where does most of the SS clipping come from Amp experts? The Preamp or the PowerAmp?

no expert, but SS clipping can be diode clipping, like an OD(soft clipping), distortion pedal(hard clipping), or in a preamp. It can also be transistor clipping, which would happen to a SS powersection when it's pushed beyond it's limits, and would be nasty and something you want to avoid. Tube soft clipping on the other hand, is why tube amps are so coveted. That can happen with preamp tubes, or with powertubes as they are pushed into saturation. The latter being the holy grail of classic rock tones.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids