ok, i recieved my peavey envoy 110 today, got it home pluged it in and on the lead chanel it makes a rather large amount of buzz, with or without my guitar plugged in, if anyone could help twood be much apreciated

~N87
Out of my mind, Back in 5 mins

Gear:
Martinez MDC-21
Washburn D10S12
Epiphone Goth G-400
Peavey Envoy 110
Is it new? Probably just a grounding problem. Make sure you use a grounded power supply (three prong plug.) Don't use a three prong to two prong adaptor. Make sure you are away from florescent lights, tv's, etc. See if that helps.
HOLY ****
I saw this thread and thought of our amp at school and was about to ask about it!

We have a peavey envoy 110 at school with the exact same problem.
Its my favourite out of all the amps there (a stereo jazz chorus that doesnt even have really say its a roland and an ashton ) because its a hybrid
When you use the dirty channel and press the thrash button gives out this really high-pitched sound that doesnt stop when youre playing or anything.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
It' very possible there is a design flaw in the amp and that some/all of them are prone to have this problem.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I've found all of the SS Peaveys I've used to be quite noisy. What kind of buzz is it? Is it more like a hiss, or more metallic sounding?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
maybe they sold you a bad tube, go back and try and get another.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
its a buz like a 2 way radio 'over *sound*'

and ive tried it in different power points, with different leads (computer nerd have alot of spare power cables) i got it from the shop new yesterday
Out of my mind, Back in 5 mins

Gear:
Martinez MDC-21
Washburn D10S12
Epiphone Goth G-400
Peavey Envoy 110
probably irelavent but my old fender 15w practice amp used to buzz like wot u seem 2 b saying it i found that the circuit board had cracked.