Page 1 of 2
So the school year has started and I've easily become infatuated with this girl who I'm almost positive drinks and dabbles in drugs. Personally, substances aren't really my thing and I hope never will be. My question to you is if your girlfriend or you uses these substances and the other doesn't, what has happened and how have you dealt with it? Do both of you do it? Looking for any advice whatsoever, thanks.
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
It's not to bad, as long as both of you keep it under control.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
1. It won't work out

2. She's probably slutty

3. Unless you drink and do drugs or whatever it won't work out. Go figure.
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Trust me, if you're a square and she's a hippie it's just not going to work.

Psychoactives like alcohol and weed (and caffeine, and advil, and...) can be used responsibly and intelligently in ways that are not only safe but enjoyable (simple recreational highness), social, and spiritually introspective. If you're open-minded enough about it, and are willing to let her do her thing, it might work.

But you can't start dating her then be like "no more drinking or drugs." That'd never work.
It depends on what drugs, and how much she uses...that, and if you two get along in the first place, and all the other stuff that would help you figure out if you and another person are right for each other and everything.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Aha with me and my old girlfriend it was the other way around. Im a drug user and a drinker, she is neither. It worked for a long time, but there was alot of fights everytime i did a hard drug and she found out. We eventually broke up right at the end of my grade 12 year after about 2 years.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
i'm not planning to force her to stop or anything i'd just like not to do it myself
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Then don't do it. Just because other people do it doesn't mean you have to too. Unless you want to be with the "in" crowd.
i had a gf who was heavly into drugs and drinking
all i did was learn her past slowly and discovered some scray stuff
and i just gave her alternatives to abusing
go to movies, watch tv, go for walks. fun stuff, not stuff that can destroy you
she still "dabbled" in that stuff
but GREATLY less
i helped her out alot
she still drinks quite often but i drink the odd time too so thats not too bad (we're both 18, which is legal in Alberta BOO YA!), im just greatly glad that she doesnt abuse drugs anymore
but you cannot control people. i just give people options and its there choice.

btw we broke up 2 years and 8 months ago but we're the best of friends and still hang out very often.
so my adivce to you is give her other options, ask her to hang out with you, go to the park, movies, beach, just hang out and you can get to know her and maybe help her out?
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
If she does and you dont there will be problems down the road. Don't go in to this relationship it will turn out to be not too much fun if you dont like it
Dont listen to Kaervek, it can and will totally work out as long as both of you are accepting of the others preferences. Don't preach or bug her about her drug use, respect her life choice. Maybe go as far as asking her not to do any around you, but don't guilt trip her, dude.

Likewise, don't let her pressure you into doing anything you don't want to either, if she keeps pushing it, talk to her about it.

It can totally work out if you use respect and keep your opinions to yourself. Who knows, maybe she'll quit drugs to make you happy or maybe you'll try pot/liquor once or twice and find its not as bad as the propaganda says it is...

Just go with it and give her a chance.
Quote by bpp1991
i'm not planning to force her to stop or anything i'd just like not to do it myself

You should be fine then, just be open about how you don't and never will want to do drugs and she'll drop it pretty quickly.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
or maybe you'll try pot/liquor once or twice and find its not as bad as the propaganda says it is...

this is sort of what i'm afraid of. i have a hunch that if i do try smoking weed or whathaveyou i'll like it. :stickpoke
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Quote by Kaervek
1. It won't work out

2. She's probably slutty

3. Unless you drink and do drugs or whatever it won't work out. Go figure.

Slutty because she drinks? Are you seven years old?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
It will NOT work out, I've been on both sides of that relationship. I've been the one using, and my girlfriend of the time wasn't, and I've been clean and my girlfriend of the time was using. Trust me it WON'T WORK.
Quote by bpp1991
this is sort of what i'm afraid of. i have a hunch that if i do try smoking weed or whathaveyou i'll like it. :stickpoke

Theres nothing wrong with smoking dope. You have no idea how many succesful stoners there are. My dad and all my uncles smoke weed on a regular basis and still make 100 000 + a year. My buddies dad owns his own law firm and he smokes weed. Sure people argue it leads to worse drugs, but it doesnt have to.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Last edited by deadmansdiary at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by deadmansdiary
Theres nothing wrong with smoking dope. You have no idea how many succesful stoners there are. My dad and all my uncles smoke weed on a regular basis and still make 100 000 + a year. My buddies dad owns his own law firm and he smoked weed. Sure people argue it leads to worse drugs, but it doesnt have to.

Everything bad I've heard about weed is total propaganda, it's not true. personaly I don't know why it's illegal, it's conciderably more mild than alcohol. Alcohol makes a smart person do stupid things, if a stoner is doing stupid things it probably just means they're stupid.
Quote by bpp1991

omg, you might like weed!

that's a good reason to try it, not a good reason to NOT try it.

have you ever heard of moderation and self-control? do you like chocolate? can you eat other things other than chocolate? same thing with weed. don't be getting high every day mind you, but if you might like it (and let's face it, everyone ****ing likes it) you might as well check it out.

being a pothead myself, when a girl smokes pot it's like a huge attraction boost.
try not to make this into a drug arguement
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
that's the whole point of the thread.

you're looking for good ways to bond with this girl?

i can think of a couple.
i'm wondering if anyone has had a successful relationship while only one person does the drugs or if it's become a big problem, not whether or not i should try weed, just because she does
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
read somewhere once that teenage girls that smoke or do drugs are more likely to have sex and be slutty than girls that don't...

forget where though...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
get her to do a line off your wang
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by bpp1991
i'm wondering if anyone has had a successful relationship while only one person does the drugs or if it's become a big problem, not whether or not i should try weed, just because she does

Well if its only weed that shes smoking i'd say the relationship could work. Once again going back to my dad and uncles aha. All of them smoke dope, but their wives dont. So really as long as the other person doesnt hate marijuana use it shouldnt be a huge deal.
and i'm saying that a girl who is into "that stuff" likely wouldn't be into someone who isn't the least bit curious about it and still believes the crap their DARE officer told them, unless you're like an abercrombie model.

and even if she was, the relationship already has ridiculous complications because of the huge difference of opinion on a large lifestyle choice, and would probably be doomed. if you continued to take a hard line against doing drugs and she continued to take a hard line for them, well... eventually you can't just ignore it any more.

high school teachers always tell kids that things like sex and drugs are bad. they're not BAD, they're DANGEROUS, but they're completely safe if you're smart and don't do it like an idiot. sex? birth control, if you're sure both of you are clean, condoms if you're not. drugs? stick to plants and trippy drugs, stay away from the meth and the coke and the heroin.

there, everything you needed to know about being "bad" without being a tard.
Last edited by pratt121 at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by deadmansdiary
Theres nothing wrong with smoking dope. You have no idea how many succesful stoners there are. My dad and all my uncles smoke weed on a regular basis and still make 100 000 + a year. My buddies dad owns his own law firm and he smokes weed. Sure people argue it leads to worse drugs, but it doesnt have to.

dope is crank not weed....
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by Vornik

Are you retarded? When have you not met someone who was easy going because they drink in high school?

Dont listen to Kaervek, it can and will totally work out as long as both of you are accepting of the others preferences. Don't preach or bug her about her drug use, respect her life choice. Maybe go as far as asking her not to do any around you, but don't guilt trip her, dude.

Hahahahahaha...

You kids are still living in a squeaky clean world, aren't ya?

You'll figure it out after you meet a succubus for the first time...

Quote by pratt121

have you ever heard of moderation and self-control? do you like chocolate? can you eat other things other than chocolate? same thing with weed. don't be getting high every day mind you, but if you might like it (and let's face it, everyone ****ing likes it) you might as well check it out.

being a pothead myself, when a girl smokes pot it's like a huge attraction boost.

also, this dude is spitting knowledge
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Last edited by Kaervek at Sep 5, 2007,
One of my friends is a total hippie and her boyfriend is completely straight-edge. It can work out, it just depends on how reasonable you both can be.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
i just found out today that she just smokes weed
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Quote by bpp1991
So the school year has started and I've easily become infatuated with this girl who I'm almost positive drinks and dabbles in drugs. Personally, substances aren't really my thing and I hope never will be. My question to you is if your girlfriend or you uses these substances and the other doesn't, what has happened and how have you dealt with it? Do both of you do it? Looking for any advice whatsoever, thanks.

You get worried, she makes out with an emo kid when she's drunk, begs you not to leave her, just in case she's pregnant with your child, and when she finds out she's not.. She leaves you.

**** that bitch, leave her alone.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by pratt121

I 100% agree with you.
So.......... ... .When Do you want your E-handjob?
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by punk_metal2007
dope is crank not weed....

Dope applies to a lot of drugs, you dope!
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Vornik

Potheads = sluts where i'm from....
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
It really all depends on the maturity level of both of you. If she is perfectly mature and responsible about her drug use, then all is well.

My best friend has a girlfriend who thinks that marijuana is terrible. He smokes on occasion, but doesn't tell her. As far as she knows he has quit. While lies are not something to base a relationship on, I can tell from a third party perspective that they really do love each other, and have been going out for over 2 years now.

Unfortunately, drugs and alcohol do have a bad side to them. If she is doing drugs often, she is probably going to large parties where she gets severely intoxicated. This next part really depends on her maturity, but when someone's thought process is jumbled by a severe intoxication, they tend to do things they regret. I would hate to see her cheat on you at a party you weren't at because you don't share the same interests. While that is often not the case, large amounts of alcohol in particular tends to really open people up, sexually. It really is all about trust, a lot of people can control themselves, and a lot of people can't.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.
Well looking at how you say you hope to never use drugs, then I doubt it will work out.

Stoners typically don't date people who are brainwashed.

Edit: Can I sumbit a request ... Anybody who has never tried marijuana, don't think for a second you can judge it based on LIES. Please do your best to keep your mouth shut, when all you know is ignorance.
Last edited by revolutionplz at Sep 5, 2007,
As long as she seems trustworthy, if she's the type of person that seems like she could fall into hard drugs then I wouldn't go for it, on the other hand if it's only drugs like mushrooms, lsd, or peyote and she's hot, that would be ****ing sick.
Quote by bpp1991

One of my straight edge friends has a girlfriend who drinks and smokes weed occasionally and their relationship is great, just stick to your beliefs and don't force them upon her and there's no reason for it to not work out. Make sure you're not peer pressured into drugs/drink if you're against it, from experiance, you will regret it.
Page 1 of 2