recently while scouring the pages of youtube, i come across an old really really sad music video i havent seen since i was a child called "the change" by garth brooks, and i realized that it hit me just as hard as it did when i was a child, and it got me thinking about how my life used to be back when i was younger (i had a rough childhood) and how it is now, and i realized how much music has changed my life and my outlook on certain situations, so im curious now as to what songs really mean something you you guys or what songs were so powerfull to you that it changed how you thought or lived.
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
I wouldn't say it has changed my life at all, but the video of Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" is probably the most epic music video ever.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
Quote by deslni01
I wouldn't say it has changed my life at all, but the video of Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" is probably the most epic music video ever.

that is a pretty damn epic video, lol it could change your life perhaps make you look at life more seriously and live each day to the max sorta thing cuz its short

gear:
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
U2- one
garth brooks-standing outside the fire
roy orbison- she's a mystery to me
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
I'm still a little young to be talking about songs that changed my life, but one that's always made me think about where I am in life is Carry On by Blessed By A Broken Heart.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
another one that really means somethign to me is "what do you say" by reba macintyre cuz it really relates to my family in many ways

gear:
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Girls, girls, girls by Motley Crue, I don't know why but after I heard that song everythings going great for me, made me more positive I think.
Pretty much anything off of the self-titled album by Lo-Pro...I was going through a pretty deep depression when I picked up the CD, and I could relate to every single song...I heard some recent acoustic demos they put on MySpace, and had the same reaction...Lo-Pro just kicks ass.

www.myspace.com/loproacoustic
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I don't really want to say it but... Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
master of puppets from metallica for sure. i guess when i first heard it, it changed my musical taste from pop-music to 'metal' as such. and because of this change, i left school early and now i work in a minimum wage labour intensive job. thanks 'tallica, i owe ya one
Quote by The Blind Man
Heeeeyyyy Juuuude.

+758932535346347658679

along with Stop Crying Your Heart Out - Oasis
and Disenchanted - MCR
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Last edited by Jersey_Zombie at Sep 5, 2007,
When I heard The Leper Affinity by Opeth (the first song I heard from them) it changed my whole outlook on music. I never heard a band this unique before and definately changed my metal music tastes and music in general.
Quote by beau05
master of puppets from metallica for sure. i guess when i first heard it, it changed my musical taste from pop-music to 'metal' as such. and because of this change, i left school early and now i work in a minimum wage labour intensive job. thanks 'tallica, i owe ya one

LMAO!
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Metallica's One is the first song I can remember liking. Even as a small child I hated kiddie-tunes. When I was four (must've been in '88) some kids were playing that song from their boombox near the fence of my kindergarden, but of course I didn't know what it was, but when I got a name and a title I got my priorities set straight.

beau05: Actually, I dropped out of kindergarden shortly after that incident (and it ain't even a lie). We're a cool bunch, eh?

Then later on everything by Jeff Buckley changed my life in a whole lot of ways...
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 5, 2007,
I'd Say *Down in a hole* by Alice in Chains...(Electric version)

I found it after the death of my grandmother that was a big
part of my life.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
smells like teen spirit......thank god for nirvana if it werent for them id probably be another emo kid with a group of emo kids....
I Write Sins, Not Tragedies from Panic! At The Disco hit me all the way to the bottom of my soul. That song truly changed my life.

/joke
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
But in all seriousness, I would have to say "All The Small Things" from Blink182. That's the song that got me into music. I am forever in debt to Blink, they are my first and largest inspiration to start playing guitar. If it wasnt for them, I would probably be some gay white rapper kid.
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

"Wounded" by Third Eye Blind; for some reason, the line "Back down the bully to the back of the bus./ 'Cos it's time for them to be scared of us." Just sort of rearranged my way of thinking the first time I heard it.

Oh, and a lot of Elliott Smith songs; "King's Crossing" especially.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by HighPitchSolo
I Write Sins, Not Tragedies from Panic! At The Disco hit me all the way to the bottom of my soul. That song truly changed my life.

/joke

i used to like that then nirvana saved me xD.
I am forever indebted to Rage Against the Machine. Before I got into Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal, I didn't really listen to music till I heard RATM. Evil Empire pretty much got me into music.

Then, around 99, I heard Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name for the first time. That opened me up to check out Rush, The Who, Maiden, Priest, and Sabbath. Everything just flowed from there on.

So yea, I pretty much owe my life to Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
american idiot - green day

thats when i changed, got into music then guitar and eventually became cool =]
that was around yr 6-8
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG Special Customshop
Jackson JS30RR

Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss Metal Zone
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Ibanez Lo Fi
Behringer Tuner

Marshall AVT100X

Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Quote by Joshrocker48
I Use a purple pick.

+1
This Velvet Glove - Red Hot Chili Peppers.

To me it is the pinnacle of the chili peppers, and also music for me. When i saw them I said to a random chick who was next to me that I would cry if they played it - out of nowhere they started playing it... I was in another world for that 3 minutes 45 seconds.
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
I have a few sad tales of songs that changed my life
first of all is, i regret to say american idiot by green day, this is what first got me in to music, however it takes a happier turn from there.
The following months I began listening to more lame music, until my cousin decided to bless me by showing me iron man. That changed me in to my heavy metal phase, which was intensified when i heard iron maiden. Which have had a special place in my heart ever since. Long afterwards, i saw clerks II, and they played that king diamond song(cant remember name, but it was epic, think it was welcome home) And that had me make a pandora radio station about it.... Which decided to play the emerald sword by rhapsody, and everything went power metal from there.
I am not ashamed saying that I used to, or still do infact, like Green Day, because I do. I mean sure they use only power chords, but Billie Joe is an amazing songwriter. Green Day were one of my early influences in guitar, because their stuff was fun and easy to play. I don't listen to them that much, because I mainly listen to shred, but they ARE a good band I think.
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Sweet Child O'Mine inspired me to play guitar and thus changing my life
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
I guess it would have been Wonderwall or Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis, as they were the band that first got me listening to music, and they are the songs that really stick into my mind......

My older brother turned me onto heavier stuff, as he was into KoRn etc when they first came out, and I developed from there. I listen to pretty much everything going!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.