Who's gonna be the next big thing?

If you've found an awesome band who absolutely kicks ass and is gonna be huge, get their name out there!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
myspace.com/asagaston90

Poor recordings, but brilliant music. Gave a listen and see for yourself...
Anyone heard of the checks?

Quality kiwi band comin thru the ranks duno if they're on youtube or what though
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by Alucard II
^ people are jackasses? i hate this metalcore bollocks anyway.

BUT IT LOVES YOU!!!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
www.myspace.com/pawnrock

That's my cousins band. He's the vocalist. The recording isn't the greatest in the world but they're pretty good. They have potential. Better than most local bands around here. And they sound great live.

And I'm not just whoring them out because it's my cousins band lol. If that were the case I'd just put a link to my band or something.

EDIT: Listen to their song Prologue.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Last edited by Child Of Maiden at Sep 5, 2007,
Another Day Down - Good Aussie band.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by Child Of Maiden
www.myspace.com/pawnrock

That's my cousins band. He's the vocalist. The recording isn't the greatest in the world but they're pretty good. They have potential. Better than most local bands around here. And they sound great live.

And I'm not just whoring them out because it's my cousins band lol. If that were the case I'd just put a link to my band or something.

EDIT: Listen to their song Prologue.

Wow...those guys are quite good!

They are Tool-esque, but that's not a bad thing

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
Wow...those guys are quite good!

They are Tool-esque, but that's not a bad thing

Sweet. Thanks for listening man. Yeah they're all pretty big into Tool too lol. But I am glad it's just "esque" rather than a full fledged attempt at emulation. I keep telling them to save up for some quality studio time. Hmmm but now that I think about it I'm not sure why I posted them here because it's a safe bet that they're not going to the "the next big thing" or anything seeing as how they're still on the local level lol but whatever.

Well anyways I listened to the band pmc100 posted "The Lea Shores" and they're great! I suggest everyone give them a listen. They are genuinely refreshing. "Say What You Will" is great. There are countless solid musicians out there but that's an example of captivating song writing right there.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by Child Of Maiden
Sweet. Thanks for listening man. Yeah they're all pretty big into Tool too lol. But I am glad it's just "esque" rather than a full fledged attempt at emulation. I keep telling them to save up for some quality studio time. Hmmm but now that I think about it I'm not sure why I posted them here because it's a safe bet that they're not going to the "the next big thing" or anything seeing as how they're still on the local level lol but whatever.

I'm sure their playing because they want to rather than worrying about being the next big thing. You have like a point .007% chance of that happening in today's world, anyway I think they're good enough to be major level artists, though, and I wish them the best of luck!

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
I'm sure their playing because they want to rather than worrying about being the next big thing. You have like a point .007% chance of that happening in today's world, anyway I think they're good enough to be major level artists, though, and I wish them the best of luck!

Well yeah that's definitely true. I doubt "be the next big thing" is realistically at the top of any bands to do list lol.

But yeah to be fair, I think the thread starter is probably looking for bands that are well above the local level but haven't quite broken through into mainstream success (should mainstream success be their goal that is).
Quote by Child Of Maiden
snip...
Well anyways I listened to the band pmc100 posted "The Lea Shores" and they're great! I suggest everyone give them a listen. They are genuinely refreshing. "Say What You Will" is great. There are countless solid musicians out there but that's an example of captivating song writing right there.

Glad you liked them. I caught them by accident at a music festival a few weeks ago, they rock live. Looking forward to an album later in the year.
Pawnrock are freakin cool they are like tool but not tool man these guys are cool seemed a little obsessed with kings and kingdoms though but thats cool