This is an as of yet, untitled metal song for my current band. it is still a work in progress. it currently lacks a bass line, but that should be added soon.

crit and ideas are welcome, honesty would be nice as well.

thank you, and enjoy!!

will C4C
Attachments:
revised riff.zip
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Last edited by djn419 at Sep 5, 2007,
this is pretty sik!
who r ur influences?
drums r really gud, nice double bass.
The riffs in themselves were fine.... Nothing spectacular, but not bad.

But the drums for the most part were really, really annoying, as the snare was basically used as a metronome. And too much double bass (The drums need more creativity in other words).
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Pretty sick sweeping ;-)

Overall, I'm not much into death metal, so I can't quite mark it, but I liked some of the riffs, especially when it gets slower.
Listen to my songs!

Hate Unleashed
"The song itself is simply awesome." - British Steel about Hate Unleashed
"Really good." - DarkTom666 about Hate Unleashed
A Pleasant Point

Crit for crit
The riffs are pretty cool. They sound good but aren't really catchy or anything. The sweeping was very cool though. Maybe if you changed some stuff around and added al little more it would be less repetative though. Riff 2 is probably my favorite in the song.

Crit mine?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666362
thanks for all the crit!!

my influences include The Absence, Wintersun, The Black Dahlia Murder, and other melodic death metal bands.

i understand what your saying about the drums. they are meant to be a backing track for the guitar. i tried to write what i thought would fit them best, especially with the tension buildup i was aiming for with riff 2, 3, and 4.

i have been trying to think of something to add to it, like a harmony section of the song, but i really dont know where to put it. if you have any ideas, i will be quite thankful.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
I liked the opening riff, it sounded cool but melodic at the same time. I also enjoyed the tremolo picking parts, for the same reason. One thing, though, the sweeping parts don't sound that good with the chords you have them playing with. You might want to change some of the notes there, because it just doesn't seem to mold together, IMO. Other than that, this song was ok, those were the few parts that caught my attention.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show