So im getting close to being 18 and havnt had a job yet.. but its about time.

I seriously dont want to work at a boring place though.. and im not much of a people person, so like, sales is out of the question.. but if you have any good suggestions tell me please.
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
maybe a hot line (like suicide watch, rape, something along those lines), or at a community center.

good luck finding a job outside of retail.
Don't work in fast food. It's treacherous. Your best bet is doing a clerical job or something involving a desk and papers. It's easy, it's repetitive and thoughtless, and you get decent money for it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
a good job if your still at school, is to work as a butcher
im 16 and iv left school and doing an apprentership as an electrician =]
Give guitar lessons. I get a hundred bucks a week and only have to work 5 hours. (im still in school) And its all from home.
I seriously like the butcher idea.. I'm going to look into that. The food business interests me.

As for guitar lessons, im not good enough, and i dont want paperwork...... I hate school with a passion.. No hotline, as im not a people person and no fast food its disgusting and i dont want all my co workers to not speak english
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

construction - its 110 degrees outside usually at this time of year

god im so picky, please dont take it the wrong way, i greatly appreciate all of your suggestions.
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

If I could get a construction job, I would do it. I really appreciate jobs that require you to use your hands. It feels very satisfying.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
i live in USA haha
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

I'm not a people person either, but I'm doing retail now and it's not bad at all. If you're not a people person STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOD INDUSTRY. I worked at a restaurant before this and every night I came home hating people. They're really disgusting when they want their food, Jesus.

But try clothing or something, if it's in your area of knowledge it might not be so bad. My friend's not a people person but now he works at a coffee shop, which he loves, simply because of the ambiance and the type of people that go into that particular shop (not the Starbucks kind of people).

Just an area or field where you feel comfortable. Don't rule out sales altogether. I almost did the same thing but now I've been working this for about a year (next month it'll be a year exactly) and I've had loads of fun.
Try getting a job at a car wash. You get tips for an easy job while not really having to deal with people that much.
Quote by HighPitchSolo
i live in USA haha

country=/=county.

which county are you in? you know, Alameda, Madera, Napa, Modoc, San Diego, Monterey, Sonoma, Yuba..
MakinLattes, do you work for Starshmucks?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by MakinLattes
I would never sell my soul to them.

Awesome. My respect for you would've diminished to none if you did. Starbucks is an expensive and ****ty place for rich kids and scenester adults.

Ma 'n' Pa coffee places is where its at.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I spent two years in vocational school to become an electrician, or to work in a related field. Precisely 4 seconds after finishing school, I realized: I really f*cking hate electronics. I have the same problem as you, I'm not a people person; I don't know what job I could do without hating work with a passion. I'm currently looking at help-desk type jobs. (Dealing with companies and forwarding calls.) Which doesn't seem too bad, and I know they pay well, if you don't want to deal with people in a fake, friendly, in-your-face-way, I'd recommend looking in that area.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by darkstar2466
Awesome. My respect for you would've diminished to none if you did. Starbucks is an expensive and ****ty place for rich kids and scenester adults.

Ma 'n' Pa coffee places is where its at.

you know I be keepin' it real.
Quote by MakinLattes
country=/=county.

which county are you in? you know, Alameda, Madera, Napa, Modoc, San Diego, Monterey, Sonoma, Yuba..

aww i feel stupid now.

Salano County.

m thinking about construction now.. about 200 yards away from my house, they're building a whole new subdivision.. i could hella get in on that.. im 6'4 they couldnt deny me a construction job.

i also speak english.
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Live in Fairfield or Vacaville by any chance? I go to college in Davis.

Get in on that construction job man. I think construction is pretty much the most unboring job ever. Much better than f*cking tutoring, which is what I'm doing now.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Prolly the easiest job I ever had was working in a video store...of course, this was a ma 'n pa sort of video store, and not Blockbuster or something, so that might have had something to do with it. I got to watch movies as long as they weren't over PG-13, and didn't really do a lot. But alas, the owners of the place were sexist, and wanted me fired because I wasn't female and over 40, so that job was short-lived. These guys all have pretty good suggestions, so give a few of those a try...I just wanted to share my story.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
yeah i live in Fairfield.. Im gonna go check out that construction job tomorrow.. only thing is my hours.. i get off school at 12 but im not home till usually 2pm..
Quote by Garret.

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

check craigslist. go under jobs and search under "Solano" or "Benicia," or towns close to where you live.. wander around and drop off résumés, fill out applications. just try to get as many interviews as you can. don't be picky, you can't afford that (get it..)

edit: lmfao, my mom went to Fairfield High. she was the valedictorian of her year.
dude seriously get a job as a butcher, thats what i did last year, you get heaps of free meat which helped me with my bodybuilding
Gigolo?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by al3ksandar
a good job if your still at school, is to work as a butcher
im 16 and iv left school and doing an apprentership as an electrician =]

hows that working out for you?
I've gone though the 4 year vocational school myself and have not found a good company to work one year for full time so I can take my license test.........
its nearly impossible because the guys you work for can have you work for a a year and then when the time comes they don't go and sign your paperwork saying you worked for them because they don't want any other electricians around taking their work.

I've given up on that field as much as I liked it and now im going to start working for Verizon after I finish this set of classes.

I need a good hands on type job...I cant sit at a desk all day going though papers..but im also good with people so a tech support for verizon seems to fit my needs.

where do i stand now?
im 21
living with my parents
they are paying for my local college classes
I have been out of a job for 8 months now.....

yea...finding work sux

edit
yea craigs list works
try looking for job postings there...it got me a few jobs but they were small companies so it didn't last long...
but you could also try putting your resume up on there.

just watch out for scams and all that...theres a lot where people call you or email you trying to get you to go though their website to get the job....probably because they get paid for it.......
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 5, 2007,