Do you believe in the gender roles of advanced civilizations? Do males have to play the maculine role of going out to work and bringing home the food, whilst the females remain home and take care of the home?
I personally believe that a life style of androgyny is the best and most stable and individual can live. I'm not saying that chicks should go into total dikes and turn into mother ****ing Grizzly Adams or that the men should begin turn into complete fags (as in stereotypical gay) but they should not completely pertain everything in their lives to these blown up archetypes.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Gender roles are unnecessary, and the root of alot of discrimination. I make an effort to defy them on a regular basis.
face it, its all animal nature. Eg with lions, the male sits around and roots the females while the females prepare the food.
If you've ever seen any of the Joseph Campbell videos or read his books, he will tell you the importance of a woman as the carrier of life. Women are the vessels of life and are therefore more important than men, but it is the man who must give half of that life and protect the woman.

There is a certain order to how things work, in the human world, and in the animal world, and it's basic animal instinct for things to work that way. We may fight for women's rights or women equality or silly things like that, but it is always built-in instinct that females stay in a certain territory and look after it while the males go out, explore and bring the food home, etc. Blah, whatever. F*ck this sh*t.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by paper shredder
face it, its all animal nature. Eg with lions, the male sits around and roots the females while the females prepare the food.

And though we still express these animal characteristics, we as creatures with advanced cognitive abilities can evolve beyond this specific nature.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I think it could work as a basic outline, where- if necessary- people can deviate from it. I mean, it doesn't have to be: man brings home food while woman tends to home. It can be the complete opposite. But even so, the male is usually the person that is seen as the "protector" if you will, for a lack of a better word.
Quote by burndttoast
I think it could work as a basic outline, where- if necessary- people can deviate from it. I mean, it doesn't have to be: man brings home food while woman tends to home. It can be the complete opposite. But even so, the male is usually the person that is seen as the "protector" if you will, for a lack of a better word.

There's nothing wrong in using "protector" as the proper word. If you look at any other animal, that's how it works: the female is the carrier of progeny while the male protects.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie