<b>I need some help, suggestions,advices from you guys</b>

i play guitar for about 4 mnths already....

i can play for about 40 songs all in all..
and 35% of them are plucking and
the rest is strumming...
but most of the songs i use...
about
3 - 4 kind of strumming patterns
and its my problem i can't follow/copy some strum rythms/patterns of the songs i wanna learn...
so still consider my self as a totally silly noob tho ;[

i can read tabs.. can play some solo's and some good sounding plucking songs like tears in heaven...
but im still not satisfied.. i dnt know why...
i dnt feel content..

can anyone advice me some things and pointers in my learning...?
im so eager to learn guitar... and play good...

and why is that some guitarist in our neighbor can strum well.. with those dynamics...
and it really sound goood..
and why cant i?
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
keep practicing, 4 months is not a long time. Just need to listen to songs and get the rythym and then transfer it into your playing - it comes with time.
should i stop from learning new songs and...
keep on practice playing all the songs i learned before again and again...?
till i satisfy myself?

but it might delayed me from learning and experience new kind of technics and music right?
and eventually loses my interest in playing guitar?
just keep practicing songs, watch vids on youtube, google vid etc - they will help you figure out strum patterns/teach you the strum patterns. Again, you have only been playing for 4 months - your not going to get delayed from learning new techniques, you just need to be patient and practice and it will come.
Quote by DumbKim
should i stop from learning new songs and...
keep on practice playing all the songs i learned before again and again...?
till i satisfy myself?

but it might delayed me from learning and experience new kind of technics and music right?
and eventually loses my interest in playing guitar?

I don't know if my advice will help as I'm rhythmless and in the same boat after a year of playing, but I'd say don't quit on learning new songs! If you only play songs you've learned before over and over again, it can get boring quickly. The price is, of course, absolute mastery of a song...but if it sounds alright but you miss a few lttl nuances here and there in it, I think that's alright (esp as a beginner).

That having been said, don't miss out on older songs that you know either...just it doesn't seem best to play them exclusively.
thanks for the advices
i'll keep them in mind...
thank u thank u thats a great help.

as of now i can play good love songs using plucking technics and im trying to learn and use some other technics.... wish me luck

Zzz.... i hope i'll get better soon and eventually impress my self's satisfaction XD

still i cant understand where can i apply major, minor scales..
pentatonic, lydian blues something like that...
so i dont know if im going to give lot of time studying them...
Last edited by DumbKim at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by DumbKim

i play guitar for about 4 mnths already....

i can play for about 40 songs all in all..

what? are you kidding? can you play all of them front to back?

But beside of that i know what you mean. I've been playing for about one and a half year now. I always find it difficult to find good songs to play. I prefer playing songs i know, but not all of them are very suitable to play.

This evening is my first real guitar lesson though
Playing since March 2006

Alhambra 1C
For learning new rhthyms, try practicing slowly with a metronome, and then gradually speeding it up as you master the song at a certain speed.
Quote by Mauveen
what? are you kidding? can you play all of them front to back?

But beside of that i know what you mean. I've been playing for about one and a half year now. I always find it difficult to find good songs to play. I prefer playing songs i know, but not all of them are very suitable to play.

This evening is my first real guitar lesson though

What type of guitar lessons are you taking (group, one on one, etc)? Would be interested to know how it goes and enjoy it!
yup those 40's maybe include 5 of my best plucking that i can not that good to those good in guitar tho XD
and some are just simple chord prgression songs....

wish i have money so i can pay guitar sessions T___T

at the moment im trying some kind of strum patterns ...
its hard tho
metronome is machine looking thing right?
dont know how to use them heheheh