I used to like these guys years ago when they came out with a tune called trading blood for oil.
u seen them live by any chance?
there playing my town in like...a week or so
im probably gonna check em out
Any straight-edge punk is a friend of mine
They're ****e live.

Seen them twice, once as Baby Boom (their acoustic set) and they were boring both times.
I Got into these guys couple of years ago. There still pretty awesome. I'd say piggy in the middle is there best song yet.
yeah, i remember a thread where you and me just talked about how bad they were...

sonic boom...****...

edit: ha! i didn't even notice you wrote sonic boom ****....great minds think alike....yo yo...

edit 2: i guess i should have expected it though, for a while you put **** in everything....
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Yorkshire person

I love the Boom. First listened to them about 5 years ago now. I remember the first time I saw them, there were about 10 people there and it was in the upstairs of a tiny pub, when they were actually still six. And look at them now, they're getting huge.
And they deserve it too, they're really nice people and they've worked their arses off to get where they are. They're one of the best up and coming bands in the UK ska scene.

So everyone who thinks they're so amazingly hilarious calling them 'Sonic Boom ****' can kindly shut the hell up
I actually quite like sonic boom six, i though Laila sounded like someone off south park when i first heard them. but i quite like em, yet i hear so many people on here complain. U GUISE R JUST HATERZ MAAAAAAAAAN.

Anyways, what do we think of there new album? Haven't heard it properly yet.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by Punk_Rape92
I Got into these guys couple of years ago. There still pretty awesome. I'd say piggy in the middle is there best song yet.

I know this is a couple years old, but wow... This username is pretty ridiculous...
I really don't like Sonic Boom Six.
I was going to go see them purely because Random Hand were supporting, but then RH pulled out of the gig so I didn't bother.
let these flat chords just break your heart...
While we're on the subject...

When I saw SB6 (about a year before this thread), my friend Rob told me to check them out, then when I got there he had bailed, wise choice), Random Hand were the openers and I thought that they were really good. Certainly a LOT better than Sonic Boom Sh*t.

So, people may think that I am some kind of elitist killjoy who hates anything remotely modern, but it's simply not true, because I thought that Random Hand were excellent, and their lead singer, Robin, was hilarious. I don't know if their records are any good though.
Easy one of my favourites ever, going for the 7th or 8th time on saturday! Theyre sposeto be playing monkey on their new tour

I love all the UK ska kickin off right now, RH, Skints, JB Conspiracy, 3 Minute Warning.

The new albums great, and they've improved so much live. Maybe theyre a proper acquired taste.

Ed: I always expect a ****storm when the boom's mentioned, s'all good, we all different.
Last edited by KevVin at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
While we're on the subject...

When I saw SB6 (about a year before this thread), my friend Rob told me to check them out, then when I got there he had bailed, wise choice), Random Hand were the openers and I thought that they were really good. Certainly a LOT better than Sonic Boom Sh*t.

So, people may think that I am some kind of elitist killjoy who hates anything remotely modern, but it's simply not true, because I thought that Random Hand were excellent, and their lead singer, Robin, was hilarious. I don't know if their records are any good though.

Robin is funny!
I'm just amazed at how much energy he has, considering he plays the trombone and sings.
Definitely listen to their CD's. The quality they play live is almost exactly to the quality of their recordings.
let these flat chords just break your heart...
I miss the days when Robin used to eat an entire bag of Haribo tangfastics before gigs, that sent him even more hyper than usual. Good times

I saw SB6 last night, they're on tour with the Skints. It was a weird gig though, especially at the end. Ben's about to leave SB6 'cause he's getting married, so they did sort of a goodbye thing for him at the end. It almost felt as though the Skints should have been headlining though, I think SB6 are sort of stepping back a bit. They have been around for a good 7 years or so though.

The Skints are awesome though, I'm looking forwards to seeing what else they come up with.
Last edited by pInK_eLePhAnT at Oct 12, 2009,
I say that on the base of having heard like 2 or 3 songs of both bands, and disliking both and not knowing their lyrics, just hard instrumental music with rap, therefore don´t give too much on it, but they really do not sound like Reel Big Fish