I'm having a very hard time deciding which of these two guitars to buy...

Your opinion would be of great help... :-)
I personally swear by Jacksons and would take the DKMG over the LTD any day. Besides, I think that the DKMG just looks so much sexier as well. In the end it's all on you though, whatever you prefer
ohai little sig.
depends, wat's the price for where you're getting, i'd go witht he cheaper one, but i know the DKMG looks amazing with flame tops, and the M400 is pretty nice and all, never played one but i wouldn't mind owning one, i would personally go for the jackson anyday (i just bought a DKMG, just waiting for the shop to get it)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I'm leaning towards the Jackson, because, after all, it's made in Japan, and the LTD is from Korea, but the M400 has a set-thru neck, and the DKMG is bolt-on...
Do you think it makes a huge difference?
quality wise, they're on par with each other, as with most korean made 300+ LTD series.

But I very much prefer the set-thru sculpted heel of the M400 compared to the jackson's blocky bolt on joint.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by fretsonfire74
if you're a shredder, id go the jackson, if youre more into rhythm guitar, the LTD.

This guy's dead on. I have the DKMGT, the hard-tailed version (without the floyd), and the action is so tight that I can slip a pick in on the 20th fret and it won't fall out. It's a shred machine.
Jackson Rhoads V: The Hippie-Slayer
Quote by _NemanjA_
I'm leaning towards the Jackson, because, after all, it's made in Japan, and the LTD is from Korea, but the M400 has a set-thru neck, and the DKMG is bolt-on...
Do you think it makes a huge difference?

The sustain is good enough on the jackson that it doesn't make a huge difference, and it doesn't affect the tone that much either. If you want a set through neck'd jackson, go with a soloist if your wallet can handle it.
Jackson Rhoads V: The Hippie-Slayer
I would say they're on a par quality wise.. there's not much to choose between them spec wise either.. I'd go for the M-400 though.
DKMG is a damn good guitar, ive had one for 9 months now and its not let me down. The only thing i regret is getting a Floyd Rose because i never use it, but if you want one as well then get it.