I have a Jackon DXMG.
This guitar dosent differ much from the DKMG, except the pickups. A lot of people praise the DKMG and its an awsome guitar. My guitar is far from rocking. I realize I need some EMG Active pickups not the passive EMGs.
My question....how can I set up my guitar so it shreds, doing bends pull offs etc is really difficult. I am just having such a bad time setting up the floyd rose.
Also if it helps I am usuing 0.11G strings and I am in the standard tuning, I have a feeling thats a problem too.
Do thinner strings make it easier to pull off some bends etc??
Help would be appreciated.
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
Stick on a set of 9-46 or thereabouts strings and get the action lowered as much as you can. I can get the action on my RR3 to just over 1mm and that makes it awesome to shred on
ohai little sig.
They have different bodies as well.

DXMG = Basswood (standard Dinky shape)
DKMG = Thicker alder with an archtop
Quote by Miasma909
They have different bodies as well.

DXMG = Basswood (standard Dinky shape)
DKMG = Thicker alder with an archtop

thats what I am confuzed about
when I bought this guitar 2 years ago, they sold it as Alder wood, now I noticed there selling it as basswood. I dont know anything about wood to check it out.

The action...I sound like an uber n00ber, but how do you lower it??
just get the bridge as low as it will go, with out fret buzzing?
Quote by punk n' metal

Quote by M3T4L69

when I bought this guitar 2 years ago, they sold it as Alder wood, now I noticed there selling it as basswood.

Actually I think you're right the pre-2006 (I think) DXMG's were alder (not certain on that though).
Quote by Miasma909
Actually I think you're right the pre-2006 (I think) DXMG's were alder (not certain on that though).

yea it was def. before 06...05 I think
Quote by punk n' metal

Quote by Miasma909

You're right on that one. My dxmg is alder and it's made in 2005.