ok so i need an amp that can get over drums just for practice cause i'll mike it for performing and i need to be able to use it around the house any suggestions. The most id spend is $150
Hmm... you'll need a decently sizable amp to get over drums. You may have to extend your budget. Of course, you can find a line 6 spider used for 100 bucks or something.

...but don't.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I had fun with my Fender Frontman 25R. I forget how much it cost, but it was fine for just practicing; it depends on what sound you really want too.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
what music will you be playing?

you can use an epiphone valve junior to get over drums, but unless your drummer plays REALLY lightly you'll not be able to play clean. if you save a bit more the crate palomino is another option, more versatile but again, you'll be hard put to get a clean sound over a drummer.

if you like your cleans really dirty then that'd be great for you, if you like overdrive then they'll both suit you well.

if you want to play metal then at that price range you'll have to look at solidstate amps. check out the roland cube series and the vox AD VT-XL series.

for blues-classic rock - hard rock (if the tube amps don't seem like what you want) then look at the vox AD VT series amps

ideally with a tube amp you want 15watts for playing with a drummer so if you can't raise the budget then look at 30-75 watt solid states/hybrids
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
$150 won't get you much. As forsaknazrael said you would be better off to save for the V16 and a good distortion pedal.
i have distortion so i dont care about how good the amps is and i'm gonna be playing punk and metal
just cirious, what pedal do you have?

Also, you really get what you pay for, so anything in that budget is gonna sound like crap up loud. Unless its urgent, you should really save.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by deanguy
ok so i need an amp that can get over drums just for practice cause i'll mike it for performing and i need to be able to use it around the house any suggestions. The most id spend is $150

Try looking at a used Fender Pro Junior, nice little tube amp and if you turn it up a bit it should get over drums though i'm just guessing.
I doubt you would have much headroom if any. Still I think that's a pretty good suggestion, so the Pro might be worth trying out in a store.

Edit: +1 to the Crate Palomino idea.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by deanguy
i have distortion so i dont care about how good the amps is

Wow, sorry but talk about misplaced priorities...
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Wow, sorry but talk about misplaced priorities...

lol

i guess let the n00b learn...

ok the marshall MG is one sweet amp
and a crate gt112 is badass
but nothing beats a line 6 spider III

lol ok back to the real world..your going to spend for some good stuff...you'll understand later.....but if you really dont care..those 3 amps i put are...beginner amps...and sound like crap so if you think you know what you talking about loveing your distortion pedal..then it dont matter how good an amp is i mean...it makes mesa..a rip off huh?
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
danalectro metal pedal and rp50(i only like the rectifier and blackface)
and i just mean like somebody said the epiphone isnn't high gain but that wont be a problem for me i know it wont replace a mesa