yeah i know this is a bit out of place here, but first time using a torque wrench, needing to tighten a nut on my bike.... anyway got the damn thing so tight i'm lifting the back wheel as i'm tighening so i'm pretty sure its gone past the torque setting (88nm) and the wrench isn't slipping, any idea what i'm doing wrong in setting the wrench?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

is it clicking? xx
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
first of all, what kind of torque wrench do you have? a click type or a beam type?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

click type and no i'm tightening and getting no response from the wrench, have been trying at lower settings and still nothing...
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

test it on something else quickly
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
Hmmmm, it should be clicking still no problem. How long have you had it and what brand is it?
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
well, you seem to know what you're doing, so I don't think it's set wrong, but I'm not sure what would be wrong with it. Has the wrench been abused at all?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Also, some torque wrenches can be turned 'on' and off, 'on' being when it clicks at the correct torque. Make sure it's on and not off!
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Did you try saying the rhyme ...

Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty? =P that one always helps
^ Torque wrenches usually work both ways, so you can sue them on different threads.

Quote by Calum_Barrow
^ Torque wrenches usually work both ways, so you can sue them on different threads.

I know I know...some people forget though sometimes...
Quote by HarleyFoxx
Did you try saying the rhyme ...

Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty? =P that one always helps

yeah tha guys rite. cant b too carefull, just make sure ur turing it the rite way.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange