Page 1 of 2
Quote by sashki
like, OMG!
I hope they aren't as defective as almost all other iPods so far (except the shuffle)

All mine, my friends and my family's have been fine.
Quote by sashki
like, OMG!
I hope they aren't as defective as almost all other iPods so far (except the shuffle)

i'd say the ipods are no more defective than any other mp3 player. if anything, i'd say theyre less defective.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
YAY christmas coming up, and my ipod aint in great shape, looks like with a few days work at my mums office (2) i can give my mum a bit and il have a touch screen ipod1!!!!!!111elevenLolzorz@!@
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i'd say the ipods are no more defective than any other mp3 player. if anything, i'd say theyre less defective.

I would also. I've gone through 3 mp3's of different makes, and My ipod has lasted me nearly a year
I just saw this as they announced it and I almost creamed myself when they said the new iPod Touch will have WiFi and built in Safari. I'm fucking sold. Bout time to replace my iPod Video.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

All of my friends who have iPods have complained about them failing. They all say that they just stop working suddenly. Most people are onto thier 3rd iPod. One particularly rich guy at school has been through 7 of them. He now uses his phone instead.

People all say things like "iPods are durable! I had to drop mine 3 times before it broke!" or "I've had mine for 2 years, it's only failed once!"

Well, I've got one of those 20 dollar "robots tampon" sort of Mp3 players. It's 3 years old, I've dropped it a hundered times and it's never failed. Sure, it's not great, but it seems more durable than all these iPods.

Besides, the iPods metal case gets scratched so easily, and people cry about it cos they cost so much. Oh, and those rubber casings for them cost 40 francs (about 33 dollars). Pointless. Might aswell wrap 'em in cling film.
Quote by sashki
All of my friends who have iPods have complained about them failing. They all say that they just stop working suddenly. Most people are onto thier 3rd iPod. One particularly rich guy at school has been through 7 of them. He now uses his phone instead.

People all say things like "iPods are durable! I had to drop mine 3 times before it broke!" or "I've had mine for 2 years, it's only failed once!"

Well, I've got one of those 20 dollar "robots tampon" sort of Mp3 players. It's 3 years old, I've dropped it a hundered times and it's never failed. Sure, it's not great, but it seems more durable than all these iPods.

Besides, the iPods metal case gets scratched so easily, and people cry about it cos they cost so much. Oh, and those rubber casings for them cost 40 francs (about 33 dollars). Pointless. Might aswell wrap 'em in cling film.

yeah, i'm sure it is durable. it doesnt have a hard drive, which is the part that fails in most mp3 players. the nanos are just as durable.

anyway, my creative broke. i fixed it. it broke again. all my friends ipods didnt. i bought an ipod. i've heard many similar stories.
F/uck Ipod touch, be vintage like me and have an ORIGINAL IPOD!!
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Quote by sashki

my ipod is so beated up after a year of having it, and it still works fine

and to the thread

i'll stick with my 4 gig nano
Quote by minibrowny
YAY christmas coming up, and my ipod aint in great shape, looks like with a few days work at my mums office (2) i can give my mum a bit and il have a touch screen ipod1!!!!!!111elevenLolzorz@!@

seen the prices?

the ipod touch is definitely exciting. but i'm more interested for what it means for the next generation of ipods. 16gb of flash memory is exciting though.
iPod TOUCH!?

zOMG!!

*jizz*
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by Dabey
Does anyone know how much are they priced at? ( iPod touch)

8bg - $299
16gb - $399
am i the only one who think that ipod touch crap is pointless, seriously, i only plug my headphones and start listening

technology is ruining your lifes kids :p
Quote by happytimeharry
Woa, wait a tick. The biggest in the Touch is only 16 gigs?!

yeah. its all flash memory.
I really don't like mp3 players with built-in batteries. Most large capacity players are like that, but really, 1GB is the most I think I'll ever need.

Creative MuVo ftw! I already dropped it, spilled blood and coffee on it, and it still works perfectly. The stock headphones aren't too great, but oh well.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
yeah. its all flash memory.

That is total bullshit. They should have At least made it 30.

Edit: Well, I'll still get one just for the WiFi alone. I'll simply keep my 60gig Video for most of my stuff then just load the Touch up with my music and video necessities.
Yes, of course it can play video:P

And btw, I lol'ed at this:
'10:58am - "I can't tell you how much pleasure it brings me... we have a GREAT partnership with Starbucks we're announcing today. We love Starbucks. It's an incredible phenomenon in our culture. We want to combine our great iPods and our love of music and their great coffee and their great love of music."

10:59am - "When you get near a Starbucks a fifth button will come up in the WiFi music store -- you may have been in a Starbucks wondering what song is that playing? Now you can buy it with a tap of your finger. And if you just missed it, you can still find it..." '
Quote by happytimeharry
That is total bullshit. They should have At least made it 30.

do you know how expensive that would have made it?

it'll be awesome in a year or two when flash memory has dropped further in cost and so its realistic to get like, 40gb in there.

also, its exciting just for having a web browser and wifi in there.
uh oh.... thats all i gotta say.....
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
do you know how expensive that would have made it?

it'll be awesome in a year or two when flash memory has dropped further in cost and so its realistic to get like, 40gb in there.

Did it really need to be flash based?

Meh, I don't know why I'm bitching so much, I'm still going to buy the 16gig regardless. I'm just a bit disappointed in that is all.
Quote by happytimeharry

Meh, I don't know why I'm bitching so much, I'm still going to buy the 16gig regardless. I'm just a bit disappointed in that is all.

i presume its that it would have been impractical to get a hard drive in there and the touch screen and still keep it realistically thin.
i prefer ipods to the other types of mp3 players, and only bad thing i have to say about my nano or any others i have heard from the 1st gen nano is that battery life is too small

once my battery dies I'll probably get another ipod, as i found sound quality to be amazing and it is easy to work with

Quote by happytimeharry

ll.

flash based is a lot more secure and if dropped it wont be like a hard disk and possibly shatter or damage as much if at all

its also skip free and uses less battery power than a hard drive
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by Negative_Creep7
*sigh* apple is ****, Samsung ftw

you fail at life.
I am very annoyed with apple at the moment.

You see, I really wanted to beable to put all my music and futurama and movies on an ipod touch. But the 'tards have only gone and made it flash memory.

Why lord? Why?

Well, the ipod classic looks good, guess that'll be on my christmas list.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I am very annoyed with apple at the moment.

You see, I really wanted to beable to put all my music and futurama and movies on an ipod touch. But the 'tards have only gone and made it flash memory.

Why lord? Why?

Well, the ipod classic looks good, guess that'll be on my christmas list.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10647517&postcount=32
Quote by Steve The Plank
Holy ****, great iPhone 8GB price drop. Dropped from $599 to $399. Awesome!

Yeah I totally overlooked the price drop. Hm... decisions, decisions. Get a 16gig Touch or an 8gig iPhone for the same price? I guess it really comes down to if I can even switch my phone or not. I bet you still have to start a brand new contract...
Page 1 of 2