Page 1 of 12
I dont get annoyed on things easily but i truly hate those little pricks on the music stores. Like sometimes ago i was on a music store there was this around 13 year old dude playing nothing else than his noob scales pretending to be the king of guitar playing. Theres was NO SOUL in his playing only ice cold scales. Ofc he had to keep the volume high -.- I just wanted to tell him Stfu and put his scales up his ass.
Anyways...You guys get annoyed on little pricks in music stores also? Walking around raping expensive guitars,PLAY TOTAL **** on expensive guitars and stuff like that?
No doubt you were the same once. Everyone that plays guitar was like that at some point as they learn how to play the thing, and at 13 you wouldn't expect some kid to be a virtuoso, so cut people some slack.

Only thing that annoys me is the obligatory rich kid that can't play for **** and demands the most expensive gear in the store, even then i don't go whining on the internet about it.
So... Did you play flawlessly back when you were 13? Didn't you like the feel of an expensive guitar on your lap?
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
At least they know scales. We all have to start somewhere.

Now Smoke on the Water at music stores... I would stomp them.
Quote by codybcool
No doubt you were the same once. Everyone that plays guitar was like that at some point as they learn how to play the thing, and at 13 you wouldn't expect some kid to be a virtuoso, so cut people some slack.

Only thing that annoys me is the obligatory rich kid that can't play for **** and demands the most expensive gear in the store, even then i don't go whining on the internet about it.

Plus. One.
It probably was the attitude of that person. Some people really think they own when playing something not quite good... It's all about discretion I still don't really feel comfortable playing in a shop cos although I'm playing something better than scales, it's still not all that good...
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 5, 2007,
But nomatter what age,if you cant play DONT PLAY ON A ****ING HIGH VOLUME SO EVERYBODY HAS TO HEAR YOUR ****. AND KEEP THE ****ING VOLUME DOWN ANYWAYS

I was testing a fender MIM strat unplugged and couldnt hear myself coz of that noob.
Quote by NorthEuropean
typo there dudes. i ment 16 <.< I wont whine about kids that are learning from scratch

Even at 16 there's a lot of people that are still learning, I started at 15 on a old classic guitar and bought my first eletric only 8 months after... Actually I'm still 15 .
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Hell, i don't even like playing in music stores because I feel the pressure to be really good since everyone is watching, and even if I was, then everyone would look down on me then.

It should be like any other kind of store, if I go to a sporting goods store to buy weights, I might lift it a few times to see how it feels in my hand, I'm not going to do a whole workout.

Test things out, don't play scales for an hour or so.
Well he's not complaining about people that suck and go in guitar shops... He's complaining about guitarist that think they're so good they should play so loud everybody can hear them.
what if they started learning when they were 15...

well, actually, i did have these probably about 21-25 year old metal heads come in when i was havin a go at the Luke Musicman (hopefully goin ta buy soon )

they decided to detune every guitar they layed their hands on and said "whoa dude, thats loooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

so ya still get nublets when they pass through puberty.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
Last edited by bobsyouraunt at Sep 5, 2007,
I find it extremely annoying when i'm playing something in a store and all of a sudden a load of school kids crowd around me and tell me to play some song i've never heard of.

Also, i usually play through the clean channel on amps.. i HATE it when idiots say "why doesn't it sound like an electric guitar?" usually followed by "lolol u suck you play electric guitar and it doesn't sound like electric guitar"... luckily this is very rare, but the main place i go to has a music school upstairs, so lots of stupid kids walk through the shop to go to their music lessons (usually forced by their parents when they have no interest in music at all... i hate that too, but it's not for UG to discuss really)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
usually it dont bother me-because i did the same **** they are doing when i started to play,turn up the amp and sound like ****...
I tryin to ignore them or if im feeling nice teach them something..
I dont mind "children" about that age playing in a music store, evan if it is crappy stuff they play, how ever....its down to the music shop owner or an assistant who desides weather they are serious to play an expensive guitar like a PRS 22 custom when they are only like 13 of so, so its there fault they are playing a guitar way out of their league.

Live and Let Live.
lol. my friend and i play blues on expensive guitars. i pick up the most expensive Fender Stratocaster in the GC and he picks up the most expensive Gibson Les Paul in the store. plug into vintage Fenders and vintage Marshalls. and play the blues. its fun. i hope nobody's annoyed lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
lol. my friend and i play blues on expensive guitars. i pick up the most expensive Fender Stratocaster in the GC and he picks up the most expensive Gibson Les Paul in the store. plug into vintage Fenders and vintage Marshalls. and play the blues. its fun. i hope nobody's annoyed lol.

lol, awesome....i hope you try and snap a string as well.
^yea. tremolo abuse!!@!@! lol. nah i never use the tremolo. or what i CAN do...

FEEDBACK ATTACK HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!@!@!@!@!@ lol... yea. the kids who plug those cheap ibanez through a line6 spider and crank it... those annoy me more than kids plugging into expensive guitars and amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I hate when people think it's a challenge just when you start playing a guitar beside them. My amp is in my sig and there were a couple kids that were playing on it. I was testing out guitars so obviously I wanted to use the amp I gig with. I sit down and start playing on the 50 watt version some blues and the kid goes into some fast metal riffs. I just kept playing some SRV and Hendrix plus some minor pent riffs I like... he ended up leaving, but it pissed me off how the kid tried his hardest to show me up.
who gives a ****. it's a music store, if you don't like it then gtfo.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
^they always do that. but they always end up leaving.

day before labor day though. i was in the vault in GC and picked up an EC sig strat and a Fender Supersonic. this guy was already playing an exlporer through a Marshall JVM Combo. so we had a little jam. it was TIGHT.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
People like you makes me stay away from the most big music stores. It's pretty sad that you have to make fun of young kid in the internet to make yourself feel better though.
Quote by NorthEuropean
typo there dudes. i ment 16 <.< I wont whine about kids that are learning from scratch

not everyone starts playing at 8 years old, and did ou ever think that some people just play along the neck to tst out the guitar? that is what i do, i rarely play anything else when testing a guitar. and if he was testing an amp (what a concept) then you need to hear it at the volumes you want to use it for.
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
^ +1 i started at 14, i'm nearing 17 but i'd still consider myself a beginner. when i test out gear i'll play scales, i'll play full chords, power chords, harmonics, pinch harmonics and just letting the guitar ring out. this lets me hear absolutely everything I need to hear. Now if i were trying to get the perfect *insert band/song* sound then maybe i'd play an extract. but there's nothing wrong with not playing something "proper"

also you get people turning up amps trying to see what it's going to sound like loud, this is a completely valid point when trying out amps. now i understand you get jerks cranking spiders and forcing everyone to listen to digital master of puppets, but those people suck at guitar and if they need to act like fags to get a morality boost then let them, you just leave knowing you're a more serious musician.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by NorthEuropean
But nomatter what age,if you cant play DONT PLAY ON A ****ING HIGH VOLUME SO EVERYBODY HAS TO HEAR YOUR ****. AND KEEP THE ****ING VOLUME DOWN ANYWAYS

I was testing a fender MIM strat unplugged and couldnt hear myself coz of that noob.

I agree with the volume, I mean for me sometimes I'll play unplugged, or just with the volume down low...the music store is for everyone.
Quote by NorthEuropean
You are missing the point..keep the volume down

you are missing his point. when testing out a tube amp you intend on gigging with, keeping the volume down isn't an option. of course the employees will say the amps fine if you just ask, because they want to make a sale. But if you want to gig with an amp you really ought to test it out at gigging volumes. i always wait until its gone quiet, and then ask the sales guy if i can crank it though. i don't just go ahead and do it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

I'm only 16 and i know that when im in music stores and when i start playing little phrases from Metallica to Yngwie Malmsteen, peopel hate my guts...and i love it!
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
worst thng is when you're nervous anyway cos there's a load of people silently judging you, and then people start stopping and watching you. kinda satisfying though when you do a squeal harmonic and you hear someone behind you saying "wow that guy is awesome". n00bs are lolworthy.
Quote by cheames
worst thng is when you're nervous anyway cos there's a load of people silently judging you, and then people start stopping and watching you. kinda satisfying though when you do a squeal harmonic and you hear someone behind you saying "wow that guy is awesome". n00bs are lolworthy.

i don't like that sort of attention in music shops... i'm not there to perform. although i have had people asking me to join bands (the employees) or asking if i'm in a band and finding other musicians for me. that i don't mind.

The biggest thing that annoys me aside from unnecessary volume is drop-tuned guitars. I hate it when every other guitar I pickup isn't tuned correctly. It's fine if you want to test a guitar in drop c, but tune it back to standard when your done! Not everyone likes the same crappy metal bands as you (that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, btw).
what's wrong with just starting to play?
i'm glad you have the balls to complain about it on the internet rather then confront a 16 year old.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Nah, the worst thing is when kids come in, reach for the highest up, most expensive guitar, break it by mistake, and then run for their lives.

Bastards...

i wonder what thread you've just been reading

I hate when I walk in, and some guy that's tuning his guitar has the volume on 10, and he sucks. He thinks he's great.

I also hate when everybody in Guitar center is playing some kind of distortion Death Metal all at once.

All you can hear is random notes going "bum bum bom dom um om hom hum bum boom bam bum" It sounds like Random notes going at 200 MPH because there's like 7-10 people all trying to play speed metal but screwing up.

I keep to myself, I play low, I don't out blast other people playing next to me and I only try guitars that I think look good.

Sometimes, the people working at Guitar Center ask me to play guitar for them Because I was playing Satriani's songs. It's cool
Quote by KingCheesehead
At least they know scales. We all have to start somewhere.

Now Smoke on the Water at music stores... I would stomp them.

I've seen people do that. I just go and play the whole song with solo and everything to show them up.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.