Page 1 of 2
so my friend's dad is an assignee (don't know if that's the correct word)
and he has a job for me. i'm 14 and it'd pay 100 dollars a day working from 7 to 5.
i'd love to accept this job but my dad won't ****in let me !! he says it's illegal (i know it is but so what ?? they aren't gonna come and see if there are underaged people working there ) and that's it's dangerous at a construction yard...
how can i convince him ?? i really want to buy another amp and guitar and my budget would be very small otherwise...

please help me out !!

Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 5, 2007,
How can we persuade your parents?
Quote by The red Strat.
he says it's illegal (i know it is but so what ??)

what is the job?
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Sing this to them.

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause.
I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Each Pokémon, to understand
The power that's inside.

Pokémon
It's you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokémon
You're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokémon
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokémon
Gotta catch 'em all
Pokémon!

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle everyday
To claim my rightful place

Come with me the time is right
There's no better team
Arm and arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream
So then, How about he new iPod Nano, iPod Classic, and iPod Touch. I wish the iPod Touch had a bigger Hard Drive
As long as the construction yard isn't runned by someone named Fourniret, Dutroux or Nihoul, it shouldn't be that dangerous on your age.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
if the pokemon theme doesn't work nothing will....

if your parents have said no thats because it probably IS to dangerous and illegal, and his mate could get into serious trouble
Uh, what about school?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by Green_Jelly
As long as the construction yard isn't runned by someone named Fourniret, Dutroux or Nihoul, it shouldn't be that dangerous on your age.

i doubt the people who aren't from belgium will understand this one though
Tell them that if you don't get this job, you'll wh0re yourself out to every fat woman (and man) in town...that should do it.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
this is the song to sing:

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel-air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

(only the first three episodes of season one)

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might aswell kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of bel-air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air
Quote by The red Strat.
so my friends dad is an assignee (don't know if that's the correct word)
and he has a job for me. i'm 14 and it'd pay 100 dollars a day working from 7 to 5.
i'd love to accept this job but my dad won't ****in let me !! he says it's illegal (i know it is but so what ?? they aren't gonna come and see if there are underaged people working there ) and that's it's dangerous at a construction yard...
how can i convince him ?? i really want to buy another amp and guitar and my budget would be very small otherwise...

please help me out !!

What confuses me is why he told you he had a job for you if he wasn't gonna let you do it
100$ per day!!!

i can get max. 20$ for 8 hours of work in construction yard...
Peanut butter jelly time!!!
Well I guess I'LL be the first to actually offer some kind of useful help.. Should try and get your dads friend over there and have everyone talk about it. See if you cant work close to your dads friend, that would make your parents feel better. But usually when parents say no, it a straight up NO. Sucks to be a teenager sometimes.. Anyway, hope ya get the job. My dad makes about 100 dollars an hour,10 hoursa day, and works 5 days a week at La Porte County highway department (road cleanup, plowing, **** of that nature). And yeah.. just keep begging them and begging them til they get tired of hearing it.. or ask them to buy you the new guitar stuff instead.. and if they say no to that then I dunno.. you parents are assholes then lol
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
yeah man, youre forgetting school. and I doubt you can handle construction work at 14. believe me, been there, done that, and working from 7 to 5 in all kinds of weather is no peace of cake, not to mention the strength you need to handle the things you have to do there.
Quote by Wratheh
What confuses me is why he told you he had a job for you if he wasn't gonna let you do it

huh ? my friend's dad isn't my dad...
my friend his father has a job for me, not my own father his friend...
I worked on a construction site this summer.
Trust me they come around all the time to check for health and safety.

What kind of work will you be doing?

I don't know what your friend's dad is playing at.
First of all health and safety people come around all the time to check, as do foremen and project managers and basically anyone in management, they're scared ****less of being sued if anything happens to you.
In Ireland at least you need a card called a "safe pass" to be able to work in the construction Industry. It requires you to do a health and safety course which you must be 16 to complete. I'm fairly sure Belgium would have something similar as it is in the EU.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to be on a building site.
Secondly you will most likely be doing some heavy work. How strong are you? Fairly strong? Try working on a building site, it's lethal. I seriously doubt a 14 year old would posses the strength (no offense you just won't be big enough), I'm 17 and I could barely do it. If you aren't strong enough you put your own life and the lives of your co-workers in danger. I was lucky, I got a spot as a manager within my first two weeks.
I personally had to get rid of a 15 year old from one of the sites. You will be turfed out, I can guarantee. you won't pass for old enough, I was always asked to produce a card. If your unlucky and the wrong person catches you you could be in serious trouble, as will your parents and the company will be shut down.
Also, you totally won't end up just working from 7 to 5, my hours were like that too, I rarely got home before 6.

EDIT: also this offer sounds pretty dodgy. You might end up doing weeks of work for no pay, the construction industry is notorious for non-payment of wages.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Sep 5, 2007,
Quote by redhawk1029
Well I guess I'LL be the first to actually offer some kind of useful help.. Should try and get your dads friend over there and have everyone talk about it. See if you cant work close to your dads friend, that would make your parents feel better. But usually when parents say no, it a straight up NO. Sucks to be a teenager sometimes.. Anyway, hope ya get the job. My dad makes about 100 dollars an hour,10 hoursa day, and works 5 days a week at La Porte County highway department (road cleanup, plowing, **** of that nature). And yeah.. just keep begging them and begging them til they get tired of hearing it.. or ask them to buy you the new guitar stuff instead.. and if they say no to that then I dunno.. you parents are assholes then lol

thanks you for the first useful post ! it's my friends dad though not my dads friend
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah man, youre forgetting school. and I doubt you can handle construction work at 14. believe me, been there, done that, and working from 7 to 5 in all kinds of weather is no peace of cake, not to mention the strength you need to handle the things you have to do there.

i'm pretty strong, but i won't have to do real tough things though. so things that people of my age can handle. and i can choose when i got to work. so if it's bad weather i can decide not to go and if it's school yezh then of course i can't go. but i would've done it in the weekend and holydays.
Doesn't sound like a nice job.

Why? Long, 10 hour days, hard labor, dangerous, and you're only 14. You should be in school.

You'd get 700 dollars a week (assuming you work all 7 days), but at the end of each week you'd be too tired to do anything with it.

Not to mention the amount of ripping off being done there. 70 hours a week? Where I work, you get paid over time if you work over 37 hours.
Quote by The red Strat.
huh ? my friend's dad isn't my dad...
my friend his father has a job for me, not my own father his friend...

oops misread :p
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I worked on a construction site this summer.
Trust me they come around all the time to check for health and safety.

What kind of work will you be doing?

I don't know what your friend's dad is playing at.
First of all health and safety people come around all the time to check, as do foremen and project managers and basically anyone in management, they're scared ****less of being sued if anything happens to you.
In Ireland at least you need a card called a "safe pass" to be able to work in the construction Industry. It requires you to do a health and safety course which you must be 16 to complete. I'm fairly sure Belgium would have something similar as it is in the EU.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to be on a building site.
Secondly you will most likely be doing some heavy work. How strong are you? Fairly strong? Try working on a building site, it's lethal. I seriously doubt a 14 year old would posses the strength (no offense you just won't be big enough), I'm 17 and I could barely do it. If you aren't strong enough you put your own life and the lives of your co-workers in danger. I was lucky, I got a spot as a manager within my first two weeks.
I personally had to get rid of a 15 year old from one of the sites. You will be turfed out, I can guarantee. you won't pass for old enough, I was always asked to produce a card. If your unlucky and the wrong person catches you you could be in serious trouble, as will your parents and the company will be shut down.
Also, you totally won't end up just working from 7 to 5, my hours were like that too, I rarely got home before 6.

EDIT: also this offer sounds pretty dodgy. You might end up doing weeks of work for no pay, the construction industry is notorious for non-payment of wages.

apparently they don't check when he's working somewhere cause there are people that work there regurarly (about my age and up) and he's never been 'caught'.
i get payed per day. so it's not for a whole week, only when i want too.
he will only let me do the thing i can do of course, so i won't be doing thing that an adult is supposed to do. i think it's a great offer...
thanks for your post ! it rare to see a serious post in the pit nowadays.
Dude, construction is hard physical labor. I really doubt anyone's gonna be paying you 10 dollars an hour to be sitting around doing nothing. I'm a very able-bodied 19 year old, and did that **** for one day, which was only 8 hours, and I was so goddamn tired when I came home. If you're 14, unless you lift and do intense physical training consistently (pretty much every day) there's no way you'll survive.

Plus, if you get hurt, your friend's dad is ****ed.
Quote by The red Strat.
apparently they don't check when he's working somewhere cause there are people that work there regurarly (about my age and up) and he's never been 'caught'.
i get payed per day. so it's not for a whole week, only when i want too.
he will only let me do the thing i can do of course, so i won't be doing thing that an adult is supposed to do. i think it's a great offer...
thanks for your post ! it rare to see a serious post in the pit nowadays.

He sounds pretty shady if you ask me. Health and safety people check very regularly. In the space of the three months I was manager for I had to deal with a health and safety person from the contractor, the sub contractor, the design firm, 3 from the client and inspectors from the government. Health and safety is no joke in these places.
What are they building might I ask?
We were doing groundworks, which meant we were constantly moving and had about 20 sights on the go at once in five separate towns. The heath and safety people still managed to find us, repeatedly. No responsible or reputable firm would employ an underage person in construction. It's not worth the risk, they would be shut down. That means that this is not a law abiding firm, what makes you think you'll be paid, or, more importantly, kept safe.

I fail to see what they're going to have you do, anything that involves heavy lifting is out (almost everything), anything that involves driving is out (everything else).
Even if they do have you doing things like carry small tools or sweeping or something the managers wont; be there 24/7. Nor will your friends dad. The men on the ground won;t care what age you are, you'll have to pull, not your own weight, but whatever weight they can pull.
Sounds like this company will probably take stupid risks with safety too, I worked for a very safe company. In my first week while no managers were around I ended up in the bucket of a 3 tonne digger trying to tie bunting onto an electricity pole. I shudder to think what this company will be up to.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Snip

Listen to him, he knows his stuff.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Ur all $h1t
He sounds pretty shady if you ask me. Health and safety people check very regularly. In the space of the three months I was manager for I had to deal with a health and safety person from the contractor, the sub contractor, the design firm, 3 from the client and inspectors from the government. Health and safety is no joke in these places.
What are they building might I ask?
We were doing groundworks, which meant we were constantly moving and had about 20 sights on the go at once in five separate towns. The heath and safety people still managed to find us, repeatedly. No responsible or reputable firm would employ an underage person in construction. It's not worth the risk, they would be shut down. That means that this is not a law abiding firm, what makes you think you'll be paid, or, more importantly, kept safe.

I fail to see what they're going to have you do, anything that involves heavy lifting is out (almost everything), anything that involves driving is out (everything else).
Even if they do have you doing things like carry small tools or sweeping or something the managers wont; be there 24/7. Nor will your friends dad. The men on the ground won;t care what age you are, you'll have to pull, not your own weight, but whatever weight they can pull.
Sounds like this company will probably take stupid risks with safety too, I worked for a very safe company. In my first week while no managers were around I ended up in the bucket of a 3 tonne digger trying to tie bunting onto an electricity pole. I shudder to think what this company will be up to.

they're buiding an ordinary house atm.
the only reason i can work there now is because they don't have enough people apparently. i know his friend personally and he's a good guy so i don't think he won't pay me. but anyway, i asked my dad over and over and he made very clear that there's no way i"m going to work there...

thanks for all your help ! to eveyone elso too.
Give me your phone number and I'll help you convince your parents.

Is that what you wanted? How else are we gonna help?
Quote by Archaon
Give me your phone number and I'll help you convince your parents.

Is that what you wanted? How else are we gonna help?

well if domeone could give reasons why i should do it then i could let them read it.
it won't happen though. i already asked my dad like 100 times.
Quote by sam b
y'whaa..

haha i don't know wha the word id in english and that's what the translator said...
at first i thought you meant assasin, cos you said it was illegal.. but then i saw construction site...
Quote by thewho65
Construction sites and kids don't have a good history together
yea listen to him...you should definately try and find a job in a coal mine though...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by The red Strat.
well if domeone could give reasons why i should do it then i could let them read it.
it won't happen though. i already asked my dad like 100 times.

Your Dad is right. Wait 2 years then go work in construction and you'll see what I mean.
In Ireland alone we average 2 deaths a month in construction, that's coming from a country with a tiny population.

At best you'll end up very sore.
At worst you'll end up dead.

Trust me, it is really really physically demanding work.
And it all sounds quite shady. Your friends dad might be fine now, just watch his attitude change when money comes into it. I know you won't believe me but I speak from experience
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by The red Strat.
so my friend's dad is an assignee (don't know if that's the correct word)

please help me out !!

You sigged me!

First time in well over a year I've been sigged .

And tell them work exerience can help you later in life, not to mention the cash.
Tell them it's either you get the job or you ***** yourself out to strange people for 10 dollars a go and sell crack on the side.
Page 1 of 2