Hey, I recently (about a month ago now :\ ) bought an Ibanez SZ520FM, I could go into detail but I'll get straight to the point.

I want the action (by which I mean the height of the strings) as low as possible, but when I attempt to do so on my guitar my strings go very slack(loose), which I don't want. I do want some tension, not so tight I can't bend them but you know...

I'm currently using 10's, should I just go up a gauge or does my guitar need to be properly set-up?:\
simular to me..i have a MIM Fend Strat..it HAD Fender SUPER Bullet strings 9's...SUPERB SOUND!

had to change strings earlier...BUMFLUFF I bought 10's ...i put them on anyway...gah the sounds seem dull..in comparison to the 9's, and my action was well high...so i lowerd the bridge...but not the same im afraid!

DAMN
A good guitarist is one who questions himself, is critical of his abilities and is modest towards other peoples abilities and techniques.

Anyone els is from America.
Yeah that seems to be a fairly common mistake lol, alot of [people go to adjust something and are surprised/dissapointed when it doesn't feel the same:P if you wanted it to feel the same you shouldn't adjust it 8-) haha:P

But yeah, I don't want mine to feel how it does now, so any ideas anyone?
adjust the action then adjust the string length (intonation)

if it still feels slack then increase string gauge next swap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How do you adjust the intonation? I've heard the word floating around but never thought to find out what it meant :\
intonation is the string length.

you check ur tuning at the 12th fret. then adjust the end screw until the string is in tune all along the board. not just at the top of the board.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

screw #2 in this pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Mines is just a fixed bridge, doesnt look liek that in otherwords:P
Im trying to find a decent picture, but basically the strings run straight through the body, and come out the other end on the body, then go over an arched bridge and upwards, if you understand. Basically the strings don't feed through onto my bridge, they just go over it basically.
yeah, i know it's a tune o matic.

i had the other pic handy, thought u would be able to see...

there u go, same idea.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62