I plugged the Adaptor into it, and nothing happens, it work earlier, it's just stopped working... :s i only got it today, what do i do?

thanks.
^ That could be it.

Also, and I know this sounds silly, but did you remember to use the power switch (if there is one on the unit)? It's something I often come across when people say a computer won't work - the power switch on the back is off.

Failing that, take it back to wherever you got it from. If it's new, it'll be under warranty.
Quote by Denthúl
^ That could be it.

Also, and I know this sounds silly, but did you remember to use the power switch (if there is one on the unit)? It's something I often come across when people say a computer won't work - the power switch on the back is off.

Failing that, take it back to wherever you got it from. If it's new, it'll be under warranty.

I don't think it has a switch.
Oh, fair enough. I've never used one, so I wouldn't know. But it was definitely worth a mention, just in case
Yeah. Thanks...I guess..hehe

So has any other electrical equipment in your house randomly died?
hi mate, i have an ax3000g and have had problems with it for a while now. what it is is that because it has no switch or a proper "built-in" (dont know what the technical term would be) plug (as you would get on a tv for example). its an inherent problem that you always get with transformer type power supply's, and this is made even worse with the lack of an off switch. i was talking to one of my tutors about my pedal (before i left college) and he said that i should expect some problems with the power, to which i told him i already was! he wasnt surprised.

he told me that with every multi-effects he had ever had, he'd took it to his father-in-law to convert it to a "hard-wired" set-up (again, like you'd find on a tv or something), which totally alleviates this problem. does anyone know how to do this, or can find something on the internet about it? id look, but i would know what to search for!

thanks

EDIT: ITS NOT DEAD!!!!! its just a dodgey connection, from when you put in the plug, it has loosened the solder joint and now its acting up. give the lead a good wiggle in the input (NOT VIGOROUSLY! that will only make it worse!!) and it should spring back to life when its found a good connection. (i cant believe i forgot to put that in my original post!)

get back to us if this doesnt work
Last edited by doddsie_105 at Sep 5, 2007,
^I tried what you said but it still didn't work... and i got it off ebay. and the buyer claims it was working fine when he sold it.
well then in that case, look at the 'return to' address, get in your car, take a road-trip to this guys house, and break the ****er's legs!

either that or have an electrician look at it!

your preference

EDIT: whats this guys ebay name? if hes selling dodgy stuff (he may not, it may just be a small electrical fault and not his fault afterall), im sure other UG'ers would appreciate knowing who he is.

Try a new adaptor.

One time I was using a different adaptor with voltage selectors on it and I was wondering why it woudln't work, come t find out, it was set to 4.5V instead of 9v.

I think you have an adaptor problem, my toneworks has been working fine despite me leaving it on overnight a few times, had a suitcase full of stuff fall on it, and dropped it once or twice.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
It might be fried, does it smell burnt? You could try carefully taking it apart and looking for any obvious damage to the components inside.