Page 1 of 2
IMDB lists Kevin James as "Factory Worker" in the film 50 First Dates. I can't even remember there being a factory worker in that film. Does anybody know what this is referring to? I can't find any evidence of it anywhere!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416673/
Last edited by CE49 at Sep 5, 2007,
..... why were you looking up the history of Kevin James?

... he's hardly fappable
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Because my dad's a fan and I want to impress him with my superior knowledge!
Me...that's why I made a thread...
hes a legend, im pretty sure he isnt in that film though. must be a mistake
Quote by TheHereAway

That's all I needed to feel like I'm not going crazy! Thanks!
Quote by CE49
Because my dad's a fan and I want to impress him with my superior knowledge!

Superior knowledge. ...
666 BRO
Quote by CE49
That's all I needed to feel like I'm not going crazy! Thanks!

actually, wikipedia says hes in it (even though its not that reliable these days).
CE49 Lol, talk about a late response but you're not crazy! Wikipedia didn't lie (this time) and he was actually a factory worker in the beginning of the movie. He was in the montage of women saying they'll never forget their night with "Henry Roth" and, well, "Harry Paratesticles"!
Don't bump old threads
You'll live longer
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
Don't bump old threads
You'll live longer

Shush. He answered the question.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long! Haha, go figure, 10 years and 4 days later, here I was looking up the history of Kevin James.
Simple. Kevin James is such a generic actor that you don't even notice him.
Quote by danielh123.
how does this even happen?

Good question...
Quote by avkumar17
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long! Haha, go figure, 10 years and 4 days later, here I was looking up the history of Kevin James.

I...it...hmmm...even more questions...
I think necrobumps like this are very valuable. It's a reminder that the "golden days" of the Pit were trash.

Right here:

Quote by TheHereAway

How could the Pit be good with people like that that think that one of the worst actors ever is a legend?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
why does he keep getting sitcoms though

do americans really love fat jackass husband+slim nagging wife that much
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
This is one of the rare occasions where I think a necrobump is for the good. Obviously this thread popped up in a google search, which means on the off chance someone is googling to try to figure out this question there's a good chance they'll stumble across this thread, and there you go. I know when searching some difficult to find information forum discussions often pop up in the results and I find myself skimming through discussions from years ago trying to find where somebody sometime answered my question. Threads like these can end the search.

Admittedly with me it's usually some obscure undocumented computer related or otherwise technical problem that's annoying the hell out of me, not whether or not some random actor who I'm not sure I've ever even heard of was in a montage for a split second in a film I may have seen ten minutes of.
Quote by theguitarist
why does he keep getting sitcoms though

do americans really love fat jackass husband+slim nagging wife that much

Neurotic but blunt man plus whiny but strong-willed woman = every American sitcom. Especially if, like you said, the man's fat and the woman's thin.

If anyone can explain how Rules of Engagement gets made/watched I'd be genuinely fascinated. It's like an anti-miracle.

Quote by danielh123.

If anyone can explain how Rules of Engagement gets made/watched I'd be genuinely fascinated. It's like an anti-miracle.

it got cancelled though right?

that one confused me too. of course the main "husband" wasn't really fat/unattractive so the couple didn't seem a weird match but he was the typical guy who is all about drinking and sports and tricking his attractive wife into having sex with him because sex is apparently only a reward for husbands being good boys. though as far as american sitcoms go, it wasn't too bad until you got to "russell", which was just celebrating a piece of shit for some reason (how i met your mother kinda did similar with "barney" but they tried to at least not totally go overboard and eventually made him decent enough person and "ted" is arguably the real piece of shit there)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Why is this still open?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by theguitarist
it got cancelled though right?

that one confused me too. of course the main "husband" wasn't really fat/unattractive so the couple didn't seem a weird match but he was the typical guy who is all about drinking and sports and tricking his attractive wife into having sex with him because sex is apparently only a reward for husbands being good boys. though as far as american sitcoms go, it wasn't too bad until you got to "russell", which was just celebrating a piece of shit for some reason (how i met your mother kinda did similar with "barney" but they tried to at least not totally go overboard and eventually made him decent enough person and "ted" is arguably the real piece of shit there)

If it is cancelled, good. And you're right it's really not as bad as some others around, but that David Spade guy (who plays that role every time) was just weird. The sexual politics of these things is always iffy too; men beg for it and women dish it out either as a reward or when the man wears down their defences. Anal and blowjobs are special treats to be allowed begrudgingly. Weird.

Tim Allen (think that's his name... the Home Improvements guy) has a new pile of shit too.

(Should point out I'm in England so not sure how current these all are in the US)
A lot of these sitcoms (I'm looking at you Raymond) portray marriage/family life in such a cruel and antagonistic way. Except for once every like 10 episodes where somebody from outside the family fucks them over and then they all have to band together in a predictable way [insert cliched speech about "sure we fight, but we're family and we love each other"].

But yeah, the norm for these shows is that emotional manipulation (only occasionally manifested as fair compromise) is not only fine, but the basis of most interaction.
Quote by snipelfritz
A lot of these sitcoms (I'm looking at you Raymond) portray marriage/family life in such a cruel and antagonistic way. Except for once every like 10 episodes where somebody from outside the family fucks them over and then they all have to band together in a predictable way [insert cliched speech about "sure we fight, but we're family and we love each other"].

But yeah, the norm for these shows is that emotional manipulation (only occasionally manifested as fair compromise) is not only fine, but the basis of most interaction.

Those banding together moments make me slightly sick I like Friends, for example, but the face Chandler makes when he's being in love with Monica or telling Joey that they're best friends makes me need to look away from the screen. Looking back though, I think Friends was easily one of the best.

Raymond is terrible, but HIMYM is just plain unfunny. It's just SO boring. As is that one with Melissa Joan Hart where she marries a gay chap. (I think he's not gay on the show)
Quote by danielh123.
Looking back though, I think Friends was easily one of the best.

Booooo. Frasier and Seinfeld or GTFO.
Quote by snipelfritz
Booooo. Frasier and Seinfeld or GTFO.

Oh I love Frasier too, never enjoyed Seinfeld. Don't know any English people who do so maybe it doesn't translate very well or something!
Quote by snipelfritz

I haven't watched a whole episode of raymond because I hate the guys voice but I usually put the tv on before I leave for work and they show raymond+king of queens + frasier at that time and I only want to watch frasier. the odd times I catch a glimpse of the other shows I watch about 30 seconds, roll my eyes at some stupid shit in the show and change to one of the morning news shows instead.

Quote by danielh123.

Raymond is terrible, but HIMYM is just plain unfunny. It's just SO boring. As is that one with Melissa Joan Hart where she marries a gay chap. (I think he's not gay on the show)

melissa and joey is a pile of crap but I had a crush on melissa joan hart in sabrina and she still looks good so I just watch that show to stare at her. it's a bit inoffensive too, so doesn't get on my nerves like the "standard" family sitcom does with the typical roles.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
British people: American humour sucks. It is not sophisticated like le British humour.
also British people: Friends is the best American TV show. I do not like Seinfeld. : )
Quote by neidnarb11890
British people: American humour sucks. It is not sophisticated like le British humour.
also British people: Friends is the best American TV show. I do not like Seinfeld. : )

Haha Seinfeld just isn't shown here, and so we hear SO much hype before ever seeing an episode. It can only really disappoint.
Friends is shown a LOT here and it's not spoken about so much in terms of great shows, so the hype doesn't spoil things.

Also no one thinks Friends is at all smart, just easy viewing tbh.

Quote by frankv
King of Queens, Friends, HIMYM and TBBT all fall in the same category for me: I'll watch it and often enjoy it, but also judge myself for it. Same thing I do when I browse 9gag.

First few seasons of HIMYM were great though.

This post made me sick in my mouth.
Last edited by danielh123. at Sep 11, 2017,
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by neidnarb11890

well when we want some dumb sweet shit, we want it done right, friends did it well. seinfeld was just weak at what it was going for.

as far as that era goes, frasier>friends>seinfeld

Quote by Fat Lard
Paul Blart has heart. EFF the haters

tbh I haven't seen it, could be pretty solid in it's own way. I'm just salty about the only thing I know him for, bad sitcoms.

Quote by frankv
King of Queens, Friends, HIMYM and TBBT all fall in the same category for me: I'll watch it and often enjoy it, but also judge myself for it. Same thing I do when I browse 9gag.

First few seasons of HIMYM were great though.

similar here, but himym was always a pile of crap because ted was annoying from episode 1 (and I hate this "secular" the "universe" or "fate" or "destiny" shit thrown around in tv shows because they can't just get away with saying "God" on TV any more when they want to make up dumb excuses for shit out of the character's control). and king of queens is a bit too annoying to sit through. I'm guilty of this sort of thing with other american sitcoms. and swap 9gag for imgur.

I stopped making an effort to keep up with tbbt a while ago but if it's on tv and it's an episode I haven't seen, I'll keep it as background noise. bright colours and a laugh track are nice inoffensive "noise" while I'm busy with something else.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
as far as that era goes, frasier>friends>seinfeld 

nice to see the metric system is still ass-backwards. i guess we can allow > to represent less than in this scenario though. 

Quote by theguitarist
tbh I haven't seen it, could be pretty solid in it's own way. I'm just salty about the only thing I know him for, bad sitcoms.

I've never been a sitcom guy so can't vouch for that, but Paul Blart is a rite of passage, and a must watch. Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 had some belly-aching funny parts, and they stuck to their endearing roots for the most part, though the campiness seems to grow a bit too much for those that aren't fans of the first, so give it a go before deciding. The lack of a mall setting throws many off. But Blart is still in his element and proves that sometimes you don't need to be the slickest spy, with the coolest gadgets and most elite training and whatnot. Sometimes you just need a little heart, and never give up
Page 1 of 2