Page 1 of 2
Since I have heard both CDs I figured I'd give a short review.

Alright let's start with Graduation.

To sum it up, if you like Kanye you'll really like it. With the exception of one song it's a very good album. The only negative things I can say about it are that 1. Bittersweet should have been a track on it. 2. Drunk and Hot Girls is garbage.

Besides that it's a really good CD.

Track Rating:

1. Good Morning - 4/5
2. Champion - 4/5
3. Stronger - 5/5
4. I Wonder - 4/5
5. Good Life - 5/5 (If you don't get why, I can't explain it to you.)
6. Can't Tell Me Nothing - 4.5/5
7. Barry Bonds - 3.5/5
8. Drunk And Hot Girls - 2/5
9. Flashing Lights - 3.5/5
10. Everything I Am - 4.5/5
11. The Glory - 4.5/5
12. Homecoming - 4/5
13. Big Brother - 3/5

Now, moving on to Curtis.

Ummm.........It wasn't good. Besides the generic Massacre style stuff, there's many attempts at club songs that are straight up laughable (Peep Show and Fire.) and tons of good beats wasted. Even the singles are trash. I Get Money is a blatant rip-off of a Lil' Flip song from I Get Mine, Ayo Technology really doesn't make much sense but the beat is hot 50's lyrics aren't. Finally, Amusement park is just...........You'd rather listen to the instrumental.

Funny thing is that I did like A song from this album but I can't remember what it is. All the features on the CD are crap. Yung Buck doesn't have a verse on his track he just sings part of the hook....which is weird. The song with Tony Yayo was the worst track on the CD pretty much. But the song with Eminem takes the cake for the dumbest song concept since Amusement Park coming from 50 Cent. Besides some R&B chicks who you've never heard of nor would want to, nothing here on the features side.

Overall I really did like one song but since I deleted the CD off my computer I don't know what song that was. Might've been track 11 or 12. In terms of the rap releases for this upcoming week you'll definitely want to pick up Graduation and maybe just download Curtis to see if there's anything you like. I say this mainly because some of the tracks sound alot like stuff off Massacre. Even though I didn't like that album at all, some people did.

So yeah Kanye best rap album of 2007, Curtis is one of the worst.
I don't really dig either artist (and i'm stretching it calling 50 Cent an artist), but I do love the beat for Ayo Technology. As for best hip hop album of 2007, my bets are with El-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead or Talib Kweli's Ear Drum.
I dunno how I feel about Talib. I didn't really like a lot of his stuff that wasn't with Mos Def.
I dont know how you got a hold of them early, but then again I'm not really internet/computer savy.

I'll buy 'Graduation' (again, still fucking pissed about 'Bittersweet'), but I don't plan on ever owning an album by 50 Cent.
I had Graduation two weeks ago. Had Curtis a week ago. All albums leak on to the internet way before release date. I listen to most of the stuff that comes out and if I like the CD I buy it.
Eh, that would just spoil it for me. I don't think I could ever download something (not only because I don't want to, but I probably could never figure out how anyway). The surprise and suspense come with waiting for the release date, to be honest.

Helps me get through the day a bit more knowing I get to head over to the local for a new release by someone I'm into, you know?
For rap it's almost something that can't be avoided cause a lot of album tracks appear on Mixtapes by the artists months before a CDs release date.

I literally first heard Stronger about 2 months before it was released on a mixtape.

Rock and stuff like that though I usually wait to go buy the CD.
I recommend picking up or at least downloading Talib Kweli's Ear Drum. I've never been a big fan of his either, but this album is great.
Wasn't Listen released as a single from that like MONTHS ago? What's taken that CD so long to come out?
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
Wasn't Listen released as a single from that like MONTHS ago? What's taken that CD so long to come out?

Its been out since August-ish, I believe.
Just looked it up, It was released in September of 2006. I actually liked that song when it came out.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
Just looked it up, It was released in September of 2006. I actually liked that song when it came out.

'Ear Drum' was released on August 21st, 2007.

The more you think about it, its gotta be pretty obvious that Kanye is going to outsell 50, if people actually take time to do their homework that is.
I'm gonna guess it somewhere around 250,000 first week for Kanye and 100,000 for 50.

People just don't buy albums anymore.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
I'm gonna guess it somewhere around 250,000 first week for Kanye and 100,000 for 50.

People just don't buy albums anymore.

Yeah, that is true, so we'll see if either even make that number. I doubt 50's is going to do that well, I have yet to read a good review for it. And if you release 4 or 5 singles before the album is even out, and none of them do that well? C'mon.
Kanye made some very good single choices. Can't Tell Me Nothing, Stronger and Good Life are the songs I would've picked. Stronger is going to hit #1 eventually and Good Life will probably get up there on the charts.

I think that Ayo Technology joint is the only 50 single to do well so far.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
'Ear Drum' was released on August 21st, 2007.

The more you think about it, its gotta be pretty obvious that Kanye is going to outsell 50, if people actually take time to do their homework that is.

Therein lies the problem
Quote by MastaBassist10
Therein lies the problem

Yeah, you really can't expect that from the average 50 fan, I guess.
Quote by Bruce Got Dro
I think the last really good 50 Song was Hate it Or Love it.

Wasn't that a Game song? Or was it 50 feat. Game?
^^it was on the games album The Documentary

and to be honest for the Sept 11th week i bet High School Musical 2 is #1, Curtis #2, and Graduation #3

id perfer Graduation #1 but i dont control album sales and theres too many stupid people
Hate it Or Love It was on both their CDs. A G-Unit remix on 50's, and the regular one on Game's CD.
Kayne's going to ****ing piss this. He will in England anyway, Stronger has been playing non stop on the radio and tv, that'll do it for most.
Quote by b r y a n
Wasn't that a Game song? Or was it 50 feat. Game?

That;s the only time I like 50, on Game's stuff.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by b r y a n
I don't really dig either artist (and i'm stretching it calling 50 Cent an artist), but I do love the beat for Ayo Technology. As for best hip hop album of 2007, my bets are with El-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead or Talib Kweli's Ear Drum.

Ah, this man has an ear.

I can really get into either Kanye or "Fity". Both are commercial fodder. Everyone here that knows me knows my feeling on pop art so I will finish on that.

*Waits for Mastabassist's comments*
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Ha, anyone else see that their little 'feud' made the cover of the next Rolling Stone? I know thats not saying a lot, because I really don't find much interest in the magazine, but it's still a major magazine.

I listened to 'Stronger' for the first time today (hey what can I say, I dont like hearing things early), and I really enjoyed it actually.
('Good Life' too, which was actually way better than 'Stronger').
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Sep 6, 2007,
LOL last month Rolling Stone had that Zac idiot from High School Musical on the cover. If I had had any respect left for that magazine, it would have evaporated instantly.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule
LOL last month Rolling Stone had that Zac idiot from High School Musical on the cover. If I had had any respect left for that magazine, it would have evaporated instantly.

Hey man, they're just tryin' to the pay bills. If that kid sells, well whatever..

(Seriously though, I agree with you. Rolling Stone is pretty much shit).
So is it pretty much unanimous that this feud is bogus, and they're just trying to sell more records?
Quote by b r y a n
So is it pretty much unanimous that this feud is bogus, and they're just trying to sell more records?

Yeah probably.
There is no feud. Just a PR campaign. They are just attention whores. Shameless as well. Both releasing albums on 9/11. Fricking disgusting in my opinion.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Liam Alan
There is no feud. Just a PR campaign. They are just attention whores. Shameless as well. Both releasing albums on 9/11. Fricking disgusting in my opinion.

Yeah, I think that day should be entirely erased from the calender and turned into a worldwide day of mourning
Quote by Alix_D
Yeah, I think that day should be entirely erased from the calender and turned into a worldwide day of mourning

No, but to put out albums to just ride on the idea is a little wrong. I am not offended but I just think it is a little sick.

EDIT: Ok, partial retraction to that. I didn't realize it was on a Tuesday. I thought they just put it out solely on 9/11 but I guess it could have benn a coincidence but still shady. (No pun intended. )

Last edited by Liam Alan at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by Liam Alan
No, but to put out albums to just ride on the idea is a little wrong. I am not offended but I just think it is a little sick.

EDIT: Ok, partial retraction to that. I didn't realize it was on a Tuesday. I thought they just put it out solely on 9/11 but I guess it could have benn a coincidence but still shady. (No pun intended. )

What's a 'little sick' about putting a cd out as normal just because something happened in the past? Thousands of terrible things have happened on every day in the calender.

Not quite sure where your beef is!
Quote by Liam Alan
Ah, this man has an ear.

I can really get into either Kanye or "Fity". Both are commercial fodder. Everyone here that knows me knows my feeling on pop art so I will finish on that.

*Waits for Mastabassist's comments*

Hey, I'm totally with you, BUT, music is music. I mean, if 50 Cent writes a song that makes me feel good, I'll bump it a couple times. But he never has done that.
Oh Kayne, I enjoy listening to your records, but I hate having to hear about all your dumb stupid little fits.

If people like your music (which clearly they do, although more temper tantrums like this and they may not), what does an award do for you man? Jesus.

Your 30, its about time you grew the fuck up.
Meh.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Oh Kayne, I enjoy listening to your records, but I hate having to hear about all your dumb stupid little fits.

If people like your music (which clearly they do, although more temper tantrums like this and they may not), what does an award do for you man? Jesus.

No, you don't get it. He is being treated badly here. Remember he said "if the the bible was being written now, id be jesus". You can't not give Jesus an MTV award! He is a martyr for his music. MTV music awards screwed him. His brilliant quotes just keep coming...."That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," Yeah because black people NEVER win MTV music awards. He is an asshole.

Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr

I hope I'll still be making music for teenagers when I'm 30
Page 1 of 2